Ground forced on Labor Day???

It will be fine

At Ground the devil is always in the details. A glossed over, sugar coated surface description is in no way shape or form an adequate or completely truthful depiction of the terms that a contractor must abide by when it comes to their day to day application.

Yet, this is exactly what Mr. IWBF keeps trying to do and every time it gets immediately rejected.

The fundamental terms of the contractor operating agreement remain the same to this very day. All power rested with RPS at the beginning and all power still remains today with FXG. And changing it, bringing power into balance between the two parties would require the complete feces canning of the entire contractor business model. And it's a cash cow Fat Freddy will never willingly ship off to the slaughter house.
Your repeated ridiculous claims from old knowledge don’t make much difference to anything.
Let’s do a little thought experiment though. How would my situation be improved by contractors having more power in their relationship with FedEx? Would the increase in negotiating power outweigh the inevitable issues created by a more balanced power dynamic? My revenue comes from the FedEx Ground brand and nationwide operation. If there were a bunch contractors with the business acumen you’ve displayed and they had power to dictate terms to FedEx how many shippers would be lost? How much would my revenue decrease because FedEx had less leverage or ability to remove failing contractors from the network?

For me the requirements set by FedEx are reasonable and rather easy to meet. I don’t find them overly burdensome. If operators have a difficult time meeting them, they shouldn’t be contractors. Their failures have the potential to lower my income.

bacha29

Your repeated ridiculous claims from old knowledge don’t make much difference to anything.
Let’s do a little thought experiment though. How would my situation be improved by contractors having more power in their relationship with FedEx? Would the increase in negotiating power outweigh the inevitable issues created by a more balanced power dynamic? My revenue comes from the FedEx Ground brand and nationwide operation. If there were a bunch contractors with the business acumen you’ve displayed and they had power to dictate terms to FedEx how many shippers would be lost? How much would my revenue decrease because FedEx had less leverage or ability to remove failing contractors from the network?

For me the requirements set by FedEx are reasonable and rather easy to meet. I don’t find them overly burdensome. If operators have a difficult time meeting them, they shouldn’t be contractors. Their failures have the potential to lower my income.
Thank you for your long overdue acknowledgement that Fedex controls you and everything that goes with it.
Like many other contractors you cling to the hope that there will be a strong market for your contract with numerous buyers lining up with deep pockets and the proceeds from the sale setting you up for life.
Well, there may be but just as easily there may not be with the deciding factor a matter of simply staying too long.
However as I'm sure you know, any contract sales must first meet with Fat Freddy's approval.

So what does this mean?

It means that it doesn't matter if the transaction is for 1 dollar or 1 million dollars that contract is not worth one cent MORE that what Fat Freddy is willing to consent to.

So what does this mean?

It means that his power is absolute and unchallenged.It reigns supreme right from the beginning to the end and that there is absolutely zero basis to your claim that you are a self made "independent" businessman.

This is the way it is and will be at least for the time being. So quit trying to make the rest of us believe something different. It serves no one, least of all yourself.

It will be fine

Thank you for your long overdue acknowledgement that Fedex controls you and everything that goes with it.
Like many other contractors you cling to the hope that there will be a strong market for your contract with numerous buyers lining up with deep pockets and the proceeds from the sale setting you up for life.
Well, there may be but just as easily there may not be with the deciding factor a matter of simply staying too long.
However as I'm sure you know, any contract sales must first meet with Fat Freddy's approval.

So what does this mean?

It means that it doesn't matter if the transaction is for 1 dollar or 1 million dollars that contract is not worth one cent MORE that what Fat Freddy is willing to consent to.

So what does this mean?

It means that his power is absolute and unchallenged.It reigns supreme right from the beginning to the end and that there is absolutely zero basis to your claim that you are a self made "independent" businessman.

This is the way it is and will be at least for the time being. So quit trying to make the rest of us believe something different. It serves no one, least of all yourself.
What’s your point? The money flows. Route sales happen everyday. You can’t answer any of the questions in my last post.

FedGT

My rough understanding was that UPS wanted a weaker contract, but they knew the drivers wouldn't go for that. The response was to keep them fairly satisfied and bring in the 22.4s and create what amounts to a two-tiered system. The guys who are already in don't really see anything different but those who come in after the passage of that contract get hosed.

They might say the positions shouldn't have been created, but they voted for them.
For the most part I would say that is accurate except the last one. Sounded like there were not substantial votes for it at all but the lack of anyone actually showing up to vote was the huge difference.