Ground forced on Labor Day???

It will be fine

It's been almost 2 decades of this RPS, FXG model... I don't think it's going away anytime soon. Are they really Co employers? Yes
Closer to 3 decades. The variety of compensation packages available to drivers for Ground contractors makes the co-employer argument difficult.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
FXG wasn't conceived until 2000, right?

Yeah, that's why amazon is following the FXG model... it's taking that long for them to finally come to a conclusion about being a co employer

It will be fine

FXG wasn't conceived until 2000, right?

Yeah, that's why amazon is following the FXG model... it's taking that long for them to finally come to a conclusion about being a co employer
RPS started in 85. They had nationwide service in the mid 90s. I doubt the co-employer argument will fly.

bacha29

Still a scam. Contractors only exist as a firewall against the union. That and assume all the risks, headaches for a mock “business” and the constant repairs on those crappy vehicles.
Spot on. Publicly they try to promote this little caper as a "business opportunity" but privately they go to great lengths to make it crystal clear that they're intent in no way shape or form involves the task of building enterprise or equity for third party Ground contractors whose mission which has also been made crystal clear is to serve as an anti union firewall and to serve as a third party upon whom Fat Freddy can dump as much risk, liability and variable costs as he can dump onto them.

That's the cold reality. It has never changed and never will , at least not voluntarily by Fat Freddy.

It will be fine

Spot on. Publicly they try to promote this little caper as a "business opportunity" but privately they go to great lengths to make it crystal clear that they're intent in no way shape or form involves the task of building enterprise or equity for third party Ground contractors whose mission which has also been made crystal clear is to serve as an anti union firewall and to serve as a third party upon whom Fat Freddy can dump as much risk, liability and variable costs as he can dump onto them.

That's the cold reality. It has never changed and never will , at least not voluntarily by Fat Freddy.
Yet somehow thousands of contractors including yourself have sold their routes. 🤔

zeev

How does Ground get drivers 10-12 hours a day no benefits a daily wage no overtime and UPS is hiring. You make more money part time than full time Ground, this is the Mystery?

It will be fine

How does Ground get drivers 10-12 hours a day no benefits a daily wage no overtime and UPS is hiring. You make more money part time than full time Ground, this is the Mystery?
Most of my drivers work 7-8 hours, they get benefits and overtime for a sixth day as well as performance bonuses. Ground doesn’t hire drivers, small independent companies do and their compensation packages differ quite a bit. What you’ve heard from the drivers in your area is reflective of the contractor they work for and that’s it.

bacha29

Most of my drivers work 7-8 hours, they get benefits and overtime for a sixth day as well as performance bonuses. Ground doesn’t hire drivers, small independent companies do and their compensation packages differ quite a bit. What you’ve heard from the drivers in your area is reflective of the contractor they work for and that’s it.
Why do you continue to insist on feeding us this bull feces? Your entire house of cards has been pulled down disassembled and spread out on the ground for everyone to see .Once again you're only telling half the story. The sugar coated half completely devoid of details. Details such as who pays the premiums for those benefits? How expansive are the coverage's and what are the coverage limits? The base wages, the overtime pay rates, the performance bonuses etc? The devil is in the details which are sorely lacking here and it's fooling no one.

As for hiring , all new hires must first meet with Fat Freddy approval and meet Fat Freddy standards. It is only then that you are ALLOWED to hire that person. In addition the termination of that employee is Fat Freddy's decision not yours and if he says he goes, he goes while you can't do anything but just stand there with your thumb up your bodily orifice. Furthermore, you claim the MOST of your drivers work 7-8 hours ........but how many of the other half are working 10-12?

The readers and contributors to the site are completely versed and fully aware of just how captive and restrictive the terms under which you operate are. The indisputable reality is that those terms are so captive, so restrictive, and so one sided leaving you so totally dominated by your one and only customer to the extent that the only independence afforded your so called "independent company" is the right to decide independently when you have had enough of being so totally owned and controlled that you up and decide to quit and get out regardless of the financial terms whether they be good or bad.

bacha29

Why do you continue to insist on feeding us this bull feces? Your entire house of cards has been pulled down disassembled and spread out on the ground for everyone to see .Once again you're only telling half the story. The sugar coated half completely devoid of details. Details such as who pays the premiums for those benefits? How expansive are the coverage's and what are the coverage limits? The base wages, the overtime pay rates, the performance bonuses etc? The devil is in the details which are sorely lacking here and it's fooling no one.

As for hiring , all new hires must first meet with Fat Freddy approval and meet Fat Freddy standards. It is only then that you are ALLOWED to hire that person. In addition the termination of that employee is Fat Freddy's decision not yours and if he says he goes, he goes while you can't do anything but just stand there with your thumb up your bodily orifice. Furthermore, you claim the MOST of your drivers work 7-8 hours ........but how many of the other half are working 10-12?

The readers and contributors to the site are completely versed and fully aware of just how captive and restrictive the terms under which you operate are. The indisputable reality is that those terms are so captive, so restrictive, and so one sided leaving you so totally dominated by your one and only customer to the extent that the only independence afforded your so called "independent company" is the right to decide independently when you have had enough of being so totally owned and controlled that you up and decide to quit and get out regardless of the financial terms whether they be good or bad.

It will be fine

:whatever:

FedGT

Many reasons. Working for UPS under their newer 22.4 designation is garbage. They are burying all of them and there is no guarantee at all of when/ if you will ever get to a regular RPCD. May take 2 years, 5, 10........who knows and you have very little protections along the way like the RPC drivers do. Doing the exact same job (well usually worse since you are a driver and overflow guy after work is done) for much less pay than where they start RPCDs.

I went over there for a few months but I was working twice as long as I was working for the contractor who bought my routes at slightly less pay. I was doing over double the amount as the guy that retired and then they were sending me out to take work off topped out drivers that could care less about getting their own stuff done.

Not much greener over there anymore unfortunately.

Unrelated topic: does anyone know how to change their screen name back on this new system?

Many reasons. Working for UPS under their newer 22.4 designation is garbage. They are burying all of them and there is no guarantee at all of when/ if you will ever get to a regular RPCD. May take 2 years, 5, 10........who knows and you have very little protections along the way like the RPC drivers do.

I went over there for a few months but I was working twice as long as I was working for the contractor who bought my routes at slightly less pay. I was doing over double the amount as the guy that retired and then they were sending me out to take work off topped out drivers that could care less about getting their own stuff done.

Not much greener over there anymore unfortunately.

Unrelated topic: does anyone know how to change their screen name back on this new system?
@cheryl

FedGT

Two major pros:

They have nowhere close to as much OS freight as ground (seeing so many envelopes was awesome)

Extremely condensed routes as well. I still averaged close to 90 miles a day but I had ski resorts and residentials in a canyon that were only 18 or so stops a day but took 2.5 hours and 45 miles to run.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Translation: "Please provide me all the details of your operation in order for me to find fault with something, no matter how minor, in order to justify the claims I've made against you in the past."

59 Dano

Many reasons. Working for UPS under their newer 22.4 designation is garbage. They are burying all of them and there is no guarantee at all of when/ if you will ever get to a regular RPCD. May take 2 years, 5, 10........who knows and you have very little protections along the way like the RPC drivers do. Doing the exact same job (well usually worse since you are a driver and overflow guy after work is done) for much less pay than where they start RPCDs.

Sounds like the 22.4 guys are to UPS what Ground guys are to Express.

FedGT

Sounds like the 22.4 guys are to UPS what Ground guys are to Express.
Not really where I was anyways. Most were sympathetic since they knew that position is crap but it is also making their life slightly easier. Everyone I talked to said that shouldn’t have been created and I should be a regular package car driver, just a way for UPS to save money for nothing.
Going to create their own problem eventually. Most of these guys are quitting within weeks, if they don’t change something in the future it will just be the same revolving door as all the rest of the companies.

59 Dano

Not really where I was anyways. Most were sympathetic since they knew that position is crap but it is also making their life slightly easier. Everyone I talked to said that shouldn’t have been created

My rough understanding was that UPS wanted a weaker contract, but they knew the drivers wouldn't go for that. The response was to keep them fairly satisfied and bring in the 22.4s and create what amounts to a two-tiered system. The guys who are already in don't really see anything different but those who come in after the passage of that contract get hosed.

They might say the positions shouldn't have been created, but they voted for them.

bacha29

Translation: "Please provide me all the details of your operation in order for me to find fault with something, no matter how minor, in order to justify the claims I've made against you in the past."
At Ground the devil is always in the details. A glossed over, sugar coated surface description is in no way shape or form an adequate or completely truthful depiction of the terms that a contractor must abide by when it comes to their day to day application.

Yet, this is exactly what Mr. IWBF keeps trying to do and every time it gets immediately rejected.

The fundamental terms of the contractor operating agreement remain the same to this very day. All power rested with RPS at the beginning and all power still remains today with FXG. And changing it, bringing power into balance between the two parties would require the complete feces canning of the entire contractor business model. And it's a cash cow Fat Freddy will never willingly ship off to the slaughter house.