Ground forced on Labor Day???

robdabanks

Any other contractors being forced to work on Labor Day? FedEx told them it was mandatory and if they don’t send trucks out, their contracts would be pulled. Just wondering if this a local thing or nation wide.

bacha29

Any other contractors being forced to work on Labor Day? FedEx told them it was mandatory and if they don’t send trucks out, their contracts would be pulled. Just wondering if this a local thing or nation wide.
Why do you seem surprised? That so called "contract" isn't worth the paper it's written on because there isn't a single term or condition set forth in that contract that's binding upon Fat Freddy. And the reason it's not binding is because there's no governing legal authority in place with the power to make it binding.

So naturally they have and will continue to go on their merry old way and do whatever they damn well please and any contractor who gets out of line or offers even token resistance will quickly go among the missing.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So if say several contractors refuse, their contracts are pulled, so how's Fat Freddy gonna find new contractors fast to replace them? Or are all the terminated contractor's packages just going to sit there in the warehouse and rot?

robdabanks

Yesterday they all refused, today they threatened them. I know I’m not going in. Our station is so screwed up right now and behind that’s why they threatened them to try to get contractors to bail them out again. It’s a joke

It will be fine

Yesterday they all refused, today they threatened them. I know I’m not going in. Our station is so screwed up right now and behind that’s why they threatened them to try to get contractors to bail them out again. It’s a joke
Contracts won’t be pulled automatically. It would depend how much notice was given to even issue an opportunity to cure letter. Getting a letter just means the contractor loses exclusive rights to negotiate. There were plenty of contractors that got letters for not running on Easter. Labor Day is specifically mentioned in the contract as an excluded day so I don’t think anything will happen for the contractors that were just told this week. If they’re smart they’d have a handful of guys show up and do what they can. Pretending to care goes a long way.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Contracts won’t be pulled automatically. It would depend how much notice was given to even issue an opportunity to cure letter. Getting a letter just means the contractor loses exclusive rights to negotiate. There were plenty of contractors that got letters for not running on Easter. Labor Day is specifically mentioned in the contract as an excluded day so I don’t think anything will happen for the contractors that were just told this week. If they’re smart they’d have a handful of guys show up and do what they can. Pretending to care goes a long way.

lol
You never fail to amuse me

AB831

Peak will be a Fedex ground disaster.
Which will spill into Express. Some of the routes around more opulent parts of Annapolis had almost 500 stops last peak season. I wouldn’t be surprised if those routes breach 4 digit stop counts by the middle of December.

Last edited:

AB831

So if say several contractors refuse, their contracts are pulled, so how's Fat Freddy gonna find new contractors fast to replace them? Or are all the terminated contractor's packages just going to sit there in the warehouse and rot?
Find new contractors? I think the plan is to go to Lowe’s, buy a tarp, and get the camera rolling to film a new Front Line video to show everyone how great things are.

AB831

Threatened them with what? It’s kind of hard to act like you wield leverage when you’re begging people to tell their friends to apply for jobs.

robdabanks

Threatened them with what? It’s kind of hard to act like you wield leverage when you’re begging people to tell their friends to apply for jobs.

they threatened to pull their contracts. they only told them on Thursday about their plan to run a sort of Monday. I am also surprised they can get enough loaders in to even work, half don’t even show up on a normal Monday

bacha29

They've got these mercenary contractors out there. They're like locusts. They travel all over the country setting up shop in contractor defaulted or terminated areas and run boxes at highly inflated rates until Fat Freddy finds some other unsuspecting slug with visions of sugar plums dancing in his head looking for the opportunity to "own his own business" (lol).

Their other method is to throw lower tier so called "managers" sort "managers" service "managers" etc in bald tire rentals and send them out to try and deliver. That practice usually doesn't last long in winter after they get the living feces scared out of them when they find themselves lost out there in the jings after dark skidding and sliding around on some ice covered turkey path sometimes ending up down over the embankment somewhere in a dead cell phone service area.

bacha29

Find new contractors? I think the plan is to go to Lowe’s, buy a tarp, and get the camera rolling to film a new Front Line video to show everyone how great things are.
They're too cheap to go to Lowe's. They'd first go to Ollie's Bargain Outlet and buy all the traps they have followed by Trader Joe's and then Surplus City .

Working4the1%

Yes Express will have issues this peak. Those issues will be related to GroundScam customers diverting to Express.UPS guys get slammed. UPS guys get paid. Problem solved