Ground owners get ready to drive again

bbsam

Staff member
Doing so would at least on the surface make pretty good sense. Fed ex in most cases doesn't own the building but rather leases them from third parties who built to fed ex specs. By turning them over to third party proprietors to run the place they would be eliminating at least 2 and perhaps 3 tiers of facility management and the legacy costs they would create in the future. Fedex employed managers at the facility would either have to go to work for the new proprietor and possibly at reduced pay, go get new jobs or becomes the facility proprietor themselves.
I do believe you are correct.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Ok. I think we can all agree that FedEx is not standing still. So what direction are they headed in in your estimation?
They’ll return the favor with Amazon, adopting the Amazon system of extracting the most profit for the company at the expense of their Delivery Partners.

$10 million is pie in the sky unless that contractor has exclusive, franchise rights to the entire terminal.

bbsam

Staff member
They’ll return the favor with Amazon, adopting the Amazon system of extracting the most profit for the company at the expense of their Delivery Partners.

$10 million is pie in the sky unless that contractor has exclusive, franchise rights to the entire terminal.
Well that’s the FedEx system that Amazon copied.

was $1.5 million “pie in the sky” 5 years ago?

bacha29

Or both. Isn't UPS privately held?
One class of UPS is private . the other class is public.
And I keep hearing from time to time talk of an Asian private equity firm making a play for a major US based carrier. Then there were public comments from Maersk about getting into the game. I wouldn't put much stock into any such comments or rumors until the future of the USPS becomes clear.
But at the same time the idea of turning the hubs and terminals over to private operators would also serve to give Fedex the opportunity to put more distance between themselves and the Teamsters. The new proprietors can fight the unions.