Ground salaries

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They could probably do better flipping burgers.

In my area the going rate for Ground salary is $600 per week flat rate for stepvans/vans and $750 per week for straight trucks. That translates out to $28,800 and $36,000 respectively, assuming 50 working weeks and 2 weeks of unpaid vacation. That's BIG money.

bbsam

Staff member
As R1a said, I posted how my drivers are paid a couple months ago. It is considerably more than $35k. But since GroundIsaHugeScam likes to exaggerate and have some fun, why not? Fact is, some of you eat that crap up just to reinforce how much you hate Ground. As for my salary...considerably more. Not 300 times more like big time executives, but I do fairly well.

bbsam

Staff member
But its not their drivers.
Correct. But they aren't going to pay me enough to pay UPS wages either. So, I am constrained by what the market pays me. So if I am constrained by such a philosophy, why would I even attempt to do what we here on BC have determined they are not interested in? Hell, I think they are late to the table. I have said many times over the years that I'm not really interested in keeping people for 30 years.

vantexan

Correct. But they aren't going to pay me enough to pay UPS wages either. So, I am constrained by what the market pays me. So if I am constrained by such a philosophy, why would I even attempt to do what we here on BC have determined they are not interested in? Hell, I think they are late to the table. I have said many times over the years that I'm not really interested in keeping people for 30 years.

Show that you care for their plight by reducing your compensation to be equal with their's and give the difference to them. They take care of you by delivering the pkg's, you take care of them by taking care of the details. If they then complain you can point out you've done all you can.

STFXG

My lowest paid makes 600 per week with two weeks paid vacation and paid holidays. He works 35 hours a week or less, takes the truck home (HD route) and takes Saturdays off whenever he wants a day off (unpaid).

Not bad for a 21 year old. Low cost of living area.

Highest paid makes in the 40's. Both are paid piece rate OR base salary to make sure they get paid their minimum daily.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
The more I work my ass off, the more I realize what my shelf life is at Ground. It's a bit depressing. I'm not complaining, because I am doing quite well, and I do have skills far beyond what I choose to do. But a blown knee or something like that, kaboom! I will have to rely on my other skills. Not everyone has that luxury, and I can seriously say once I'm of no use to my contractor I will be asked to turn in my uniforms and his life goes on without me.

I see it with people who have come and gone as his employees.

SmithBarney

Code 82, be careful having skills or education beyond box slinging is good, but when you go to work
elsewhere and they see 10yrs of driving a truck they don't really care about what you did before...
of course it depends on the skill set you are referring to.

STFXG

The more I work my ass off, the more I realize what my shelf life is at Ground. It's a bit depressing. I'm not complaining, because I am doing quite well, and I do have skills far beyond what I choose to do. But a blown knee or something like that, kaboom! I will have to rely on my other skills. Not everyone has that luxury, and I can seriously say once I'm of no use to my contractor I will be asked to turn in my uniforms and his life goes on without me.

You are replaceable just like he is replaceable if not producing. We are all just units of production that can be easily taken out to pasture when it's our time...

MAKAVELI

You are replaceable just like he is replaceable if not producing. We are all just units of production that can be easily taken out to pasture when it's our time...
What a beautiful statement bro. Did you think of that all on your own or did you get that from the bbsam school of exploitation?

STFXG

What a beautiful statement bro. Did you think of that all on your own or did you get that from the bbsam school of exploitation?

Some are more easily replaced than others...

MAKAVELI

Some are more easily replaced than others...
When you leave your humanity and compassion at home I'm sure it is.

Code 82 Approved

Code 82, be careful having skills or education beyond box slinging is good, but when you go to work
elsewhere and they see 10yrs of driving a truck they don't really care about what you did before...
of course it depends on the skill set you are referring to.
I am aware. But I deliver to many high tech places in my office parks I am good friends with, and believe me they want people with good work ethic and skills. I should just bail now, thinking about it.

Code 82 Approved

I don't drive a truck. I'm a FedEx Ground Courier. That's my whole wardrobe dammit. Long sleeves and all in summer to hide my bleeding tats!