Ground to DHL

BigWork13

I left Fedex Express to take a job with DHL. Starting pay is $7/hr more than at fedex. Top out in 2 years and a higher rate than fedex. The health insurance is $0 a paycheck. The work load is much easier, less stops, less packages. Just gotta hope Biden doesn't do anything to :censored2: up the international market.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I left Fedex Express to take a job with DHL. Starting pay is $7/hr more than at fedex. Top out in 2 years and a higher rate than fedex. The health insurance is $0 a paycheck. The work load is much easier, less stops, less packages. Just gotta hope Biden doesn't do anything to * up the international market.
How large is your route? Guys I see seem to cover multiple city’s and counties.

Flaco50

I left Fedex Express to take a job with DHL. Starting pay is $7/hr more than at fedex. Top out in 2 years and a higher rate than fedex. The health insurance is $0 a paycheck. The work load is much easier, less stops, less packages. Just gotta hope Biden doesn't do anything to * up the international market.
I topped out 12 years in...took a 2 week vacation... came back Labor Day weekend... got laid off that Tuesday '03...weren't they supposed to call me back before they hired someone else?:confused2::confused2::confused2: baaahh its cool I'm kinda old and at a pretty good FDX station now

YesGoExpress

Considering that DHL has literally no presence in the US anymore and you see maybe 1 DHL driver every 3 weeks, I have no idea how they can be paying that high of hourly rate. I worked for them 30 years ago when they were a much bigger deal in the US and they were behind FDX pay at that time.
DHL US is doing only the more profitable international Express. So smaller & leaner ops with only 6000 staff and 100 stations.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Depends on where you go. Some areas are DHL employees, others use contractors.

Fergus Mahoney

I was at Airborne for the beginning of that boondoggle. DHL talked a big game that they couldn't back up.
Driving for Airborne wasn't a terrible job. But it wasn't a 'good' job, either. DHL promptly began treating the former Airborne drivers like crap. And predictably, the people with route knowledge found other jobs.

Within two years, the station I was familiar with, the driver turnover got to the point that the people training the new drivers weren't much more knowledgeable than the people they were training. The blind were leading the blind.
Sounds like Express right now. What do they say about history???