Grounds growth

STFXG

Do really believe your own BS? If those stations didn't make any money they would've been closed long ago.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Not true. Fedex services everywhere. Some areas are highly profitable, some lose money. No different than a rural route compared to a city route. Some operate at a deficit. That doesn't mean they are going to shut down routes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

CJinx

Do really believe your own BS? If those stations didn't make any money they would've been closed long ago.
Satellite stations generally aren't moneymakers unless they have some huge shipper accounts. Their profitability is measured on outbound freight, not inbound.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Satellite stations generally aren't moneymakers unless they have some huge shipper accounts. Their profitability is measured on outbound freight, not inbound.
Granted some stations are more profitable than others but Dano wants us to believe that poor Fred ain't making any money.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Not true. Fedex services everywhere. Some areas are highly profitable, some lose money. No different than a rural route compared to a city route. Some operate at a deficit. That doesn't mean they are going to shut down routes.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You obviously haven't been paying attention. Matt Thornton is always eager to cut out routes. He's our big customer service wizard.

Sent using BrownCafe App

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Basically it's cheaper for Fred to not to lay off drivers do to increased unemployment insurance rates.

Basically, no. It's cheaper to pay slightly higher UI rates than it is to pay the wages, benefits, and tax contributions for a worker who isn't needed.

59 Dano

Tell me how a station creates revenue and generates a profit. ::: Putting feet up on desk :::

G'head! I'm all ears!

Last edited:

59 Dano

Granted some stations are more profitable than others but Dano wants us to believe that poor Fred ain't making any money.

Really? I don't recall saying anything to that effect. Maybe your reading comprehension is as poor as your attitude.

59 Dano

Exactly. Those stations are a necessity, but they are a financial burden. The first option is to combine them with other stations. Those that can't be are, or would be, prime candidates for being outsourced depending on who takes over after Fred leaves.

Cactus

Tell me how a station creates revenue and generates a profit. ::: Putting feet up on desk :::

G'head! I'm all ears!
Don't patronize me. You should know how they make money. Being Fred's pool boy all these years one would think you'd learn a trick or two.

Now jump (Fred and MT3 will tell you how high) then roll over.

Sent using BrownCafe App

59 Dano

Don't patronize me. You should know how they make money. Being Fred's pool boy all these years one would think you'd learn a trick or two.

I know how stations make money. I'm asking if you do. You said that a station that doesn't turn a profit would have been closed long ago.

If that's the case, explain how a station with 2000 pieces outbound and 5000 inbound turns a profit.

MAKAVELI

I know how stations make money. I'm asking if you do. You said that a station that doesn't turn a profit would have been closed long ago.

If that's the case, explain how a station with 2000 pieces outbound and 5000 inbound turns a profit.
Easy, fire the managers.

CJinx

Where did he say that? All I read was (and you quoted it too, btw):
There are stations that make no money. They would be the 1st ones to be subbed out.
Some stations cost more to operate than they bring in, but are necessary because they service the boonies. Doesn't mean that "Fred" isn't making money, just that the collective districts carry those individual stations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Exactly. Those stations are a necessity, but they are a financial burden. The first option is to combine them with other stations. Those that can't be are, or would be, prime candidates for being outsourced depending on who takes over after Fred leaves.

If only the Post Office were allowed to do this. :(

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Basically, no. It's cheaper to pay slightly higher UI rates than it is to pay the wages, benefits, and tax contributions for a worker who isn't needed.

Sure, but FedEx rarely pays unemployment, or did you forget that? Here's a basic fact about the delivery business. Companies must service low-volume/unprofitable areas in order to say they deliver everywhere. Or does Fred think he's exempt from reality too?

59 Dano

Sure, but FedEx rarely pays unemployment, or did you forget that? Here's a basic fact about the delivery business. Companies must service low-volume/unprofitable areas in order to say they deliver everywhere. Or does Fred think he's exempt from reality too?

No one disputes that we have to service unprofitable areas. Stop arguing with yourself.