Guard shack is just for show

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Meh... I go over to my old center at 10pm to handle DVIRS when both of their mechs are gone occasionally. Last time I went all doors were open (as usual) and there was NOBODY there. Help yourself criminal types. No fence. No guard shack.
Thanks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wouldn't last two weeks in that box. 10x15 shack under fluorescent lighting day and night. I don't know why people give them problems. That's gotta be the worst job at UPS. I have about five pockets on my backpack. I only open the main one. I don't need a TSA search to feel safe at work. The tightest security is when the iphones are released. They are there to prevent theft, not murder.
The preload commits murder on my load.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We got an ivis message today that they were instituting a more invasive purse and bag check. They either read browncafe or someone stole something again.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If the 96 year old guy with a turban isn't playing video poker on his phone he will unzip my bag and zip it back up without even opening it...otherwise nothing

I bring my backpack because I walk to work for a warmup/cooldown after preload. I take it out backpacking too so I've got tp, small snacks for blood sugar, FA kit, and a blade for bisecting mushrooms among other survival things. I totally forgot it was in there. I went almost 3 months with a giant knife in my backpack. It was the day I learned they don't check :censored2:.

johnny_hotdog

Yeah, ours is pretty bad too. The other dat I killed someone at work and I was dragging them out of the building. They never stop me but this time they stopped me and checked me and my victims ID cards. Then they made sure the corpse I was pulling didn't have any stolen merchandise in thier pockets. Thank god everything checked out OK and they let me go. That was a close one but I'm happy to report I'm still working and no one suspects a thing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our old guard shed you could walk by and just flash your drivers license if need be. Hell, I went a few years with never showing anything. Now our new guard shed you get handed in AND out and they even have you open your bag to see inside. Only drivers and management are allowed to take bags and cell phones in. Everyone else has to leave their stuff in their car or there are a few lockers outside the guard shed.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I usually just walk on by with my temporary ID out and they wave me through. No way they could read it or make out the picture. Then when I leave sometimes I just leave everything in my pockets because even if I set off the metal detector they let me through. I started a week ago. I could just be any :censored2: with a printed laminated card and I could be walking out with anything. Is this normal for UPS?
Try it !!

extranatty

Whenever I steal something, I just also steal a green vest then walk out the truck gate 100 ft from the guard shack.

For small stuff, bring a coffee thermos to work, keep in bag. They never check the coffee thermos. It's also important to make sure you only steal mis-sorts.

flatbread

Occasional Lurker
Veteran feeder driver told me the other day about how he used to have to kick homeless people out of his trailer before pulling it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I usually just walk on by with my temporary ID out and they wave me through. No way they could read it or make out the picture. Then when I leave sometimes I just leave everything in my pockets because even if I set off the metal detector they let me through. I started a week ago. I could just be any :censored2: with a printed laminated card and I could be walking out with anything. Is this normal for UPS?

No

It's usually worse