Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Bob Marley shot Brendon Lee?
Well I'll be a SOB.
The above statement was brought to you by the Cantnadian and is libspeak FYI.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Vanity Fair reporter Anthony Breznican conducted numerous interviews surrounding the incident, including with the investigators looking into it. Santa Fe County district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said her team conducted an informal experiment to see if what Baldwin was saying was possible. It turns out, it is.
"You can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it," she explained. "So you pull it back partway, it doesn't lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Vanity Fair reporter Anthony Breznican conducted numerous interviews surrounding the incident, including with the investigators looking into it. Santa Fe County district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said her team conducted an informal experiment to see if what Baldwin was saying was possible. It turns out, it is.
"You can pull the hammer back without actually pulling the trigger and without actually locking it," she explained. "So you pull it back partway, it doesn't lock, and then if you let it go, the firing pin can hit the primer of the bullet."
I said this at the outset.

BlackFriday

Another one?! I’m locking mine up tonight so I can be safe!
And don't go to any gun stores. Damn things have guns IN them. According to Vanity Fair at least. Can't imagine the hazardous duty pay a clerk at the gun store must get. Makes Russia roulette seem like good odds.
OMG! I'd love to have her over to dinner. If I were a cannibal. I actually laughed at reading that article. Sounds exactly like something AOC would write. And that's not good on any planet.
It is not official until someone in government can confirm it.
Trump's fault.
Kinda surprised he hasn't alluded to trump being the cause.
He's toast. Dude killed someone by accident with contributory negligence. He should own it PERIOD. Every excuse makes him look exponentially worse.
Hollywood. WTF should we expect.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New news...
Attorneys for Alec Baldwin on Friday filed an arbitration demand against his fellow Rust producers, claiming that the actor's contract protected him from financial responsibility related to Halyna Hutchins' death.
The document also maintains that the actor was following the cinematographer's instructions when he pointed a gun at her and pulled the trigger, killing her.
So now the story changes.
All this time he said that he never pulled the trigger but his lawyer says otherwise.

BlackFriday

New news...
Attorneys for Alec Baldwin on Friday filed an arbitration demand against his fellow Rust producers, claiming that the actor's contract protected him from financial responsibility related to Halyna Hutchins' death.
The document also maintains that the actor was following the cinematographer's instructions when he pointed a gun at her and pulled the trigger, killing her.
All this time he said that he never pulled the trigger but his lawyer says otherwise.
Again I say, would he have checked to see if the weapon was loaded had it been his wife he was aiming at?
It’s that simple. Done deal. Why continue with the smoke and mirrors?
The person holding the weapon is no less than 100% responsible with what the weapon does.
Shut it down. It's his fault. Own it and try to move on from this tragic event. Stringing it out is nothing less than narcissistic. Give the family closure and move on
Anything less is totally disgusting.

oldngray

nowhere special
New news...
He needs to change his appearance if he wants to invoke the Dindu Nuffin defense

Babagounj

Strength through joy

So in Baldwin's mind paying a fine is the same as a finding of Not Guilty to shooting two people and killing one

wilberforce15

So in Baldwin's mind paying a fine is the same as a finding of Not Guilty to shooting two people and killing one
It pretty much is the same thing.

It's a joke of a fine, and he's not charged with anything.

He should lose his life.