Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A decoy trial, that if the plaintiff takes as bait, will accomplish two things...
1) Baldwin will be acquitted, since they can't prove intent (necessary in criminal trials,) and claims of negligence are dubious, since he had employees in charge of checking the weapons.
And...
2) successfully defending against a criminal judgement, will eliminate or greatly reduce the settlement in the inevitable civil suit that will follow.

He'll probably get away with no charges, and an undisclosed private settlement in lieu of civil court.
Intent is not a part of manslaughter. If you kill somebody with your car because you were texting you get charged with manslaughter. You had no intent to kill anyone.

vantexan

Intent is not a part of manslaughter. If you kill somebody with your car because you were texting you get charged with manslaughter. You had no intent to kill anyone.
Voluntary is different from involuntary in that you act in a way that results in someone dying although you didn't intend to kill them. Involuntary means you didn't act in a reckless way but your actions still resulted in death. A fine line for sure.

El Correcto

god is dead
Agree-- but you know damn well even if found guilty he won't be doing any serious jail time. Probably just probation. Basically a waste of taxpayer money.
If convicted under the lesser charge, Baldwin or Gutierrez would face up to 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine. The D.A. also will ask the juries to consider a harsher penalty, which carries a mandatory five years in prison, because the alleged crime involved the use of a firearm.

I think Alec develops health problems in prison and is let out early on good behavior.

El Correcto

god is dead
My brother’s friend killed a homeless man with his car, said the homeless guy just stepped out right in front of him into the road.
He didn’t face any charges, was considered a suicide.

rod

Retired 22 years
If convicted under the lesser charge, Baldwin or Gutierrez would face up to 18 months in prison and a $5,000 fine. The D.A. also will ask the juries to consider a harsher penalty, which carries a mandatory five years in prison, because the alleged crime involved the use of a firearm.

I think Alec develops health problems in prison and is let out early on good behavior.
That means zero to 18 months. We will see.

rod

Retired 22 years
Was a freak accident with a blank I've read.
It was CARELESS gun handling that an adult should know better not to do that cost a lady her life. They BOTH should be punished. JAIL TIME---- Especially that lady who was in charge of props. It sounds like she really wasn't the person who should have been in charge of an important step like that.

rod

Retired 22 years
That would truly be awful to deal with.
I bet at least 3 or 4 times a year in Mn. some Native American gets ran over and killed on one of the Indian Reservations because they close up the bar and pass out walking down the road to their home. For some reason they like to lay down in the middle of the road.

UnionStrong

Voluntary is different from involuntary in that you act in a way that results in someone dying although you didn't intend to kill them. Involuntary means you didn't act in a reckless way but your actions still resulted in death. A fine line for sure.
That’s why he’s charged with involuntary

vantexan

It was CARELESS gun handling that an adult should know better not to do that cost a lady her life. They BOTH should be punished. JAIL TIME---- Especially that lady who was in charge of props. It sounds like she really wasn't the person who should have been in charge of an important step like that.
I was referring to Brandon Lee.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The most damaging thing was the lack of on set safety meetings.
Baldwin was a producer on this movie as well as the star.
He has been in several productions which required him to handle in gun and should have been aware of the industry practices.
Let's not forget that the day before several members of the cast quit because of the lack of safety on this set.

UnionStrong

Have they really changed or have they just been lucky?

I don't really know the answer to that question.
I’m pretty confident the movie industry knows how to deal with firearms. You only have to look at the recent John Wick movies.
Baldwin’s movie was a low budget movie with 2nd tier armors and producers.

govols019

You smell that?
This is the scene I always think of when I hear Baldwin's name...I think he delivers it so well because this character was just an extension of his :censored2:bag self.

govols019

You smell that?
I’m pretty confident the movie industry knows how to deal with firearms. You only have to look at the recent John Wick movies.
Baldwin’s movie was a low budget movie with 2nd tier armors and producers.

I just figured the gun flashes in the Wick series were CGI and the sounds added in post production...that's much safer and much more expensive.

vantexan

A "freak accident" caused by somebody not properly clearing the weapon before the scene.
From what I read it's possible to get hurt, even killed, by a blank that's fired at close range if there's remnants of another blank still in the chamber. Read that's what happened to Lee which I'm guessing that's what you're saying. A bit different than loading a live round.