Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There was definitely negligence but probably not enough to be a criminal act. Because of that case they changed the laws making it easier to prosecute now.
Someone was killed. In what alternate universe is that not criminal negligence?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1674237489637.png

bacha29

Baldwin will by his own actions be convicted.
He doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.
If he had kept his mouth shut he might not have been charged. Remember the charge is INVOLUNTARY manslaughter. At the same time the third party contractors hired to assist in production seem all too wiling to hang the blame on Baldwin.

Movie industry on location safety has been an issue going all the way back to the drowning of Eric Fleming in 1966 and the decapitation of Vic Morrow in 1982.

Naturally there was some raising of safety standards but as often happens who is assigned to enforce those standards is another matter. Perhaps even more so now given rising production costs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If he had kept his mouth shut he might not have been charged. Remember the charge is INVOLUNTARY manslaughter. At the same time the third party contractors hired to assist in production seem all too wiling to hang the blame on Baldwin.

Movie industry on location safety has been an issue going all the way back to the drowning of Eric Fleming in 1966 and the decapitation of Vic Morrow in 1982.

Naturally there was some raising of safety standards but as often happens who is assigned to enforce those standards is another matter. Perhaps even more so now given rising production costs.
Go watch the video on Post #569.
It outlines current industry standards in use , which were not present on the movie Rust working set.

bacha29

Go watch the video on Post #569.
It outlines current industry standards in use , which were not present on the movie Rust working set.
Since the video was produced by Hutchins family a family of movie makers to begin with I doubt that it will be admissible in the trial of the two parties if it comes to that. Moreover, I seriously doubt that the prosecution would be dumb enough to even offer it as evidence.

Knowing the point of view that some of you have regarding guns I know that rather than Baldwin if was Clint Eastwood who fired the weapon you would be leaving no stone unturned in an attempt to absolve him of any wrongdoing.

Thebrownblob

Since the video was produced by Hutchins family a family of movie makers to begin with I doubt that it will be admissible in the trial of the two parties if it comes to that. Moreover, I seriously doubt that the prosecution would be dumb enough to even offer it as evidence.

Knowing the point of view that some of you have regarding guns I know that rather than Baldwin if was Clint Eastwood who fired the weapon you would be leaving no stone unturned in an attempt to absolve him of any wrongdoing.
What point of view is that? My point of view is is if I have the business end of my weapon pointed at you, I plan on using it. I don’t play games or pretend that’s how I was taught and trained..

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

And you would defend any wrongdoing by any critic of Trump.

bacha29

What point of view is that? My point of view is is if I have the business end of my weapon pointed at you, I plan on using it. I don’t play games or pretend that’s how I was taught and trained..
If you do plan on using it and accept the consequences. If the charge is murder 1 are you prepared for spending the rest of your life in jail if that is the outcome. or are you another one of those guys who thinks that just because you own a gun it absolves of any responsibility.
Sure all this tough gun talk sounds impressive until the other guy has a gun and beats you to the draw.

bacha29

And you would defend any wrongdoing by any critic of Trump.
Notice I'm not defending Baldwin. He has to face the charges and defend himself accordingly. What's interesting about you guys is that this just happens to involve a gun control advocate celebrity but you pay absolutely no mind at all about everyday shooting just like the one at Walmart last night where according to reports a disgruntled former employee goes into the store lined up employees against the wall prepared to shoot them all until a woman slipped away un noticed and was able to call police but not until after he shot a woman.

Even if celebrity Baldwin is convicted it will do nothing to reaffirm your gun rights. When Phil Spector shot Lana Clarkson in the mouth it did nothing either way. Whether it's Alec Baldwin or some no name schmuck like any advocacy special interest groups political influence wanes over time and the NRA is no different.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Notice I'm not defending Baldwin. He has to face the charges and defend himself accordingly. What's interesting about you guys is that this just happens to involve a gun control advocate celebrity but you pay absolutely no mind at all about everyday shooting just like the one at Walmart last night where according to reports a disgruntled former employee goes into the store lined up employees against the wall prepared to shoot them all until a woman slipped away un noticed and was able to call police but not until after he shot a woman.

Even if celebrity Baldwin is convicted it will do nothing to reaffirm your gun rights. When Phil Spector shot Lana Clarkson in the mouth it did nothing either way. Whether it's Alec Baldwin or some no name schmuck like any advocacy special interest groups political influence wanes over time and the NRA is no different.
Do you really believe that Gun Control legislation would have prevented this incident?

Do Drug Laws prevent drug abuse?