guns

bbsam

Staff member
There are any number of online classified ads and Internet forums similar to this one where guns are legally bought and sold between private parties. There is also a black market for stolen guns, just as there is for stolen cars or drugs or any other illegal item. Criminals who desire these things will always be able to find them.

The difference between guns and other contraband, however, is that if guns are illegal and I obey the law and dont have one, the criminal who does have one has been given a monopoly of force. By obeying the law I place myself at the mercy of the criminal who breaks it.

If you ever watch any of the wildlife shows that are filmed on the plains of Africa, you will notice that the jackals and hyenas and other predators never go after the big bulls with the horns who can fight back. That is the same reason why so many of the unfortunate massacres that have taken place over the last 30 years have occured in schools or other so-called "gun free" zones where the lunatic is guaranteed to find an ample supply of helpless and unarmed victims that have been conveniently herded into a confined area by the Kleins of the world who cannot abide the thought of a law-abiding person taking up arms in their own defense.

I understand what you are saying and to a large degree I agree. I'm not looking to add laws, I'm trying to figure out how to enforce the one's we have. Since your screen name denotes it and and I've been quite open about it myself, take our examples. You and I suffered from a pretty hellish disease, one that to this very day is often misunderstood, but one that I think we can agree affected "body, mind, and spirit". Bill W. himself suggested it was a malady we may only be able to overcome through a "spiritual experience". Think about that for a moment. Even what we claim as a solution would be viewed by some around here as the ravings of some kind of religious lunatic. Are people who don't even believe in God or a Higher Power supposed to believe that I am now a stable member of society? So the question is two-fold, sober. First, in my drunken and drug abusing days, and in your drunken nights showing horrible judgement (I assume you drove in that contition) should we have had our Constitutional right infringed upon? Or do I just get around it by lying about my "habit"? And second, after "recovery" why should continue to allow this right to people who have shown such horrible judgement because now they've "found God"?

klein

Für Meno :)
Oh great, like that makes sense.

An 18 yr old is responsible enough to go out and legally own and in some states, carry a gun in public.
But, is held not old and responsible enough to buy him/herself a bottle of beer !

Here are some facts, why we Canadians prefer strict gun laws:

*New York City has more murders in a week than the entire nation of Canada does all year.

* We have no right to keep and bear arms. So leave your guns home if you're visiting, otherwise they'll be confiscated at the border.
We have very strict gun laws, and fully automatic weapons are pretty much illegal. It almost takes an Act of God to get a licence to own a pistol. (This may be a contributing factor as to why we only have about 600 homicides a year, nation-wide.)

Oh, and 1 more thing, if you ever do visit Canada, and go to a bank here to exchange money - you won't see armed security guards in the branch. Actually, no security guards at all at any bank. (We don't need them).

Last edited:

klein

I did not say, we don't have bank robberies.
I simply said we don't have armed security guards in banks.

As both those articles say, guns or even other weapons aren't used in most cases. Simply a note, that they have a weapon.
They get away with very little, under $1000 in most cases (the litte amount a single teller has in her/his till).

It's probably much cheaper and safer not to have paid guards on duty.
A paid guards salary is well above those amounts being robbed.
Besides, 80-90 % of those robbers will be caught, sentenced and jailed, and will be ordered to repay those monies.

On my former UPS route a bank that I went to regulary got robbed - but was arrested as soon as he exited the bank !

Btw, nice picture on your link :

sk-cda-trust-moose-jaw.jpg

TD Bank, now all over the eastern coast of the USA, sveral of them in Florida, I seen.
TD stands for Toronto Dominion Bank, and they now have more branches in the US, then here at home in Canada !
(They bought many banks in the US that faltered when this recession hit).

And if there is an RBC Bank near you - that stands for Royal Bank of Canada.
(North Carolina's hockey stadium, where the Hurricanes play is named RBC Center).

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
LOGIC 101

Quote from an interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week,

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq Theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be shot and killed in the U. S. capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the U. S., than you are in Iraq ."

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington .

January 2060New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered

Oh great, like that makes sense.

An 18 yr old is responsible enough to go out and legally own and in some states, carry a gun in public.
But, is held not old and responsible enough to buy him/herself a bottle of beer !

Here are some facts, why we Canadians prefer strict gun laws:

*New York City has more murders in a week than the entire nation of Canada does all year.

* We have no right to keep and bear arms. So leave your guns home if you're visiting, otherwise they'll be confiscated at the border.
We have very strict gun laws, and fully automatic weapons are pretty much illegal. It almost takes an Act of God to get a licence to own a pistol. (This may be a contributing factor as to why we only have about 600 homicides a year, nation-wide.)

Oh, and 1 more thing, if you ever do visit Canada, and go to a bank here to exchange money - you won't see armed security guards in the branch. Actually, no security guards at all at any bank. (We don't need them).

All the more reason for you to stay in that Northern paradise of yours because God forbid on of us savages get our hands on you on one of your trips.

klein

Your the type of person, that if the USA had no guns at all, in the entire country, not even criminals, you would smuggle one in from some south American country.
Because, you're unsecure, and couldn't defend yourself otherwise and wouldn't feel "Man enough" without one.

Your the type of person, that if the USA had no guns at all, in the entire country, not even criminals, you would smuggle one in from some south American country.
Because, you're unsecure, and couldn't defend yourself otherwise and wouldn't feel "Man enough" without one.

I was pointing out what a dangerous place America is and why you should stay out, guns or otherwise.

I am willing to pay your airfare down here to show you how man enough I am. Pm me if you`re up for it.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm the kind of man that would come in and take your women while you bluster around about your guns...and weapons.

klein

I was pointing out what a dangerous place America is and why you should stay out, guns or otherwise.

I am willing to pay your airfare down here to show you how man enough I am. Pm me if you`re up for it.

I'm already booked out for the next month, and airfare paid with e-ticket.
Off to Florida next week for 29 days.

I'm already booked out for the next month, and airfare paid with e-ticket.
Off to Florida next week for 29 days.

Swing by Chicago on your way down or back. Your return trip would probably be best as you can take advantage of your free health care once you get home. You`ll need it.