guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy

More Massachusetts residents applied for firearm permits in 2020 than the previous two years combined, state data shows.
Last year, 54,082 Bay State residents filed for a new License to Carry permit, eclipsing the previous year’s number by more than 30,000, according to data from the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security.
{ Massachusetts requires that all applicants be approved by the local city/town's police chief, pay $100 for a 6 year permit, take an approved NRA Firearm Class and pass a background check by the MSP before the head of the MSP signs off on the applicant. Which then goes back to the local Police Chief for him/her to determine if a license will be issued. }
There were lawsuits filed that some of the larger cities had stopped or were delaying issuing permits due to CoVID for months.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Governor Spencer Cox (R.) will sign legislation into law this week to eliminate the permit requirement.
The act will allow any law-abiding person over the age of 21 to carry a gun under his , her, and their clothes while in the state.
Convicted felons, those adjudicated mentally ill, and other people prohibited from owning a gun are excluded from the policy.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Biden's new gun action laws will not make anyone safer.
First off , he is allowing migrants into the country , many already have criminal records, and allowing the ones here to stay.
Then the Defund the Police crowd want to remove Public Resource Officers from the schools.
Biden is making more Target Rich Environment safer for the glory seekers and other criminals since he also wants to de-arm the general public of weapons which could be used to defend themselves and others.

Biden knows for the rest of his life , he will have round the clock Secret Service agents protecting him and the rest of us can go pound sand.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

SLW

I really worry that Democrats will accomplish nothing with their control of Congress and the executive besides some terrible :censored2: like this. I hope it's like it was under Obama and they talk a lot but behind the scenes realize it's a bad idea and don't even try.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I really worry that Democrats will accomplish nothing with their control of Congress and the executive besides some terrible * like this. I hope it's like it was under Obama and they talk a lot but behind the scenes realize it's a bad idea and don't even try.
I would not be so hopeful.