Hand Trucks Accidents ETC.

pkgdriver

These things? Bankers Clasps
Used to use them on paper records, to tear off cod tags, or peel off the old NDA/2 day “stubs”. Now I just use it in my right pocket to keep del notes secure and to peel back weather striping to slide del notes in. My helper used it on paper records for 2 days(6 hrs) last month when they didn’t have a DIAD for her.
1010043538.jpg

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I sure would like to have several of those huge silver clips that we used to use with the clipboards- they are handy around the house. Were they "UPS" items?
I still have some of the delivery notices that were about 4" by 9" and were NOT sticky. I'm hoping someday they will be a collector item.:happy-very:
GRUNT I remember those clips we got em from UPS Rod using his now as a MONEY CLIP !!!

TGD

I need more carbon paper
I saved one sheet of the old 50 on a page delivery records and some of the old delivery notices. I'm sure you can find a stray bankers clasp somewhere in your center. Check that ONE cabinet that every center has that is full of old ASD's, old SRM pickup books, old consignee billing labels, etc. Trust me, it is there.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I remember the AOD's (acnowledgement of delivery) tags, which were nothing more than self-addressed and stamped postcards that the consignee would sign when they received the package. You would bring them back at the end of the day and give them to the clerk who would just take a big pile of them out to the mailbox to be mailed. Half the time the shipper would tape them down to the box and they would be almost impossible to remove and an ink pen wouldnt leave a legible signature on the tape. Thats what we had before 1Z tracking labels and PLD.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know if I went in the garage and looked through a couple of junk boxes I could come up with a half dozen bankers clips easily. How come no matter how you re-bent one, it was never as strong as the first day you used it. So does anyone have any pocket protectors left over.:wink2:

I know if I went in the garage and looked through a couple of junk boxes I could come up with a half dozen bankers clips easily. How come no matter how you re-bent one, it was never as strong as the first day you used it. So does anyone have any pocket protectors left over.:wink2:
We have a couple of boxes of them in one of our storage closets, I even tried to use one a week or so ago. I couldn't keep the dang thing in my pocket.

Big Babooba

Rod and cove,
Sounds like we have a lot in common. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. At least those old 400's had a dashboard that would hold about fifteen stops:wink2:
They also had little or no heat and were drafty as all hell. One plus was a lot of them had the overhead storage compartment where you would stash your dirty....I mean.... reading material.

Big Babooba

Over $20.00 for one? They are proud of that thing aren't they? I can't believe that price the way we used to go through them. UPS complains about $1.79 stylus's now, why didn't they ever say anything about the clasps?
That price is for 1 box of 24 clips. There is a generation of drivers who never saw a bankers clip, let alone use one. They were great for removing COD tags that the shipper had taped over. Heck, we got drivers now who never saw a COD tag.

That price is for 1 box of 24 clips. There is a generation of drivers who never saw a bankers clip, let alone use one. They were great for removing COD tags that the shipper had taped over. Heck, we got drivers now who never saw a COD tag.
So true, aint teknahalgee great.....

several of us drivers would sharpen our banker clips on the cement steps of the building while waiting start time. helped cut through the clear tape.

TGD

I need more carbon paper
They also had little or no heat and were drafty as all hell. One plus was a lot of them had the overhead storage compartment where you would stash your dirty....I mean.... reading material.

If you stuffed the drivers door pocket full of DR bags and pulled the flex hose off of the heater and taped it to the clipboard holder so it blew on your lap... then all you had to worry about was the snow that came in around the windshield seals. Good memories:knockedout:

TGD

I need more carbon paper
I was going to comment on how I always carried my hand cart up front with me ( at least until I had room for it in the back) but figured I would get nothing but flamed for it. :surprised:
Remember the "wrist snap"? Used to really impress the customers. When the cart was empty, you gave it a good snap and the extension would come up, hit the retaining hook, cause the hook to spin around backwards and latch the extension in place. All while moving for the door.