UPS hand trucks

sadmanhere

does anyone have a picture of the new black plastic ones?

anyone know if home depot and ups had a deal to sell them all their Milwaukee hand trucks?

sadmanhere

Yes, we have a contract with Home Depot with explicit details that they can not sell any to FedEx Ground or Home Delivery.
this is big info for us fedex guys. we always coveted those ups handtrucks. i know a lot of fedex guys that would buy the hand trucks on the black market .......but finally finding the source is like striking gold . we have located 5 in ohio store that we are planning to take a road trip to retrieve

Est.1998

this is big info for us fedex guys. we always coveted those ups handtrucks. i know a lot of fedex guys that would buy the hand trucks on the black market .......but finally finding the source is like striking gold . we have located 5 in ohio store that we are planning to take a road trip to retrieve
Y'all have to purchase your own handtrucks?
Better solution, get to know the UPS guy on your route, I'm sure he can accidently lose one.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
i was at home depot recently and was shocked to see a UPS style hand truck for sale

i always thought they were custom made by ups for their drivers

apparently they are made by Milwaukee

the odd thing is they only had one for sale and said they could not order me more
i found 2 more for sale at two other locations but i had to drive a hr away for one and 90 min for the other

Im a contractor at fedex and these are the best handtrucks for delivery

i was home depot hours looking at where else they were sold. they are all sold out everywhere and they dont know when they will
restock and its not available to order online
i looked at other states and saw they are very hard to find but are available here and there

the hand trucks are made under the gleason group and when i called them they said i can only buy parts that the hand truck can only be
brought at home depot...

does ups just buy out all the handtrucks at home depot every year?

ALSO ---- they dont come with the strap ---i was looking for a similar one ups uses but they dont match up
does anyone know where ups gets the straps from

thanks
I ended up buying my own from Honeyman Aluminum. They're the absolute best and worth the money. Chained it up every night. I acquired 3 over the years and the neat thing was they'd last 2 years before requiring any maintenance. I'd ship them back for a total refurbishment.

UPS used to buy these from Honeyman but the company got cheap as usual.

GenericUsername

Yup. Nothing beats the old handtrucks for a business or industrial route but I have to admit the smaller ones are nice on a resi runner. Especially for the space behind shelf 4
I have a 200+ stop resi route and absolutely love the new hand trucks. I only use it a few times a day but it's a lot easier to use on stairs. I also don't have to worry about blowing out a tire ever, so there is that...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Mega carrying??? Please explain what Mega carrying is. I don't remember that in my training.
I knew a mall route driver that would put a board on the bottom rails extending the sucker to around 6 foot. He used a double strap to hold it secure. The guy was strong as a ox.

oldngray

nowhere special
I knew a mall route driver that would put a board on the bottom rails extending the sucker to around 6 foot. He used a double strap to hold it secure. The guy was strong as a ox.
Mall routes normally use the bigger ones that fold out to use 4 wheels

542thruNthru

Mall routes normally use the bigger ones that fold out to use 4 wheels
We have a few mall routes. Management tries to bully them into using two 4 wheelers at a time. All but one refuses because it's unsafe and against the methods. They are the highest 9.5 paid driver's in the building lol.

oldngray

nowhere special
We have a few mall routes. Management tries to bully them into using two 4 wheelers at a time. All but one refuses because it's unsafe and against the methods. They are the highest 9.5 paid driver's in the building lol.
Mall routes have the lousiest allowances. UPs knows that and shouldn't over dispatch them. But do it anyway.

Here is an apartment complex for you to deliver after you finish your mall work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The driver in one of our local malls uses two hand carts. Pulls one while pushing the other. Although not ideal, he doesn't overload either one and keeps both handles close to his body while walking. This is a two story mall so the fewer trips up to the second floor the better.

BTW, am I the only one who would take a Sharpie to put their last name on to the back of the plate by the handle?

542thruNthru

The driver in one of our local malls uses two hand carts. Pulls one while pushing the other. Although not ideal, he doesn't overload either one and keeps both handles close to his body while walking. This is a two story mall so the fewer trips up to the second floor the better.

BTW, am I the only one who would take a Sharpie to put their last name on to the back of the plate by the handle?
That's what they want them to do here as well. Till they get a injury from pulling handcarts all day, everyday. Then they get written up for unsafe work methods.