Happy Bithday Americans and America our beloved nation.

newfie

My opinion, of which I know you didn't ask is

They might say
"We gave you a republic, and as human nature is, we perceived the situation currently would occur."
"Understand, to gain what we toiled to leave you is gone, your enemy is within."

Only my guess

well said. the founders have come under attack for being slave owners and whatever other ill we pin on them.
yet they built a government that has allowed us to change those things we disagreed with over time.
they gave us the key to unlock whatever direction we wanted to move to.
The freedom they gave us to decide can also choke us if we over manage it

El Correcto

god is dead
Another self proclaimed constitutional scholar. So tell me just what are your credentials? Do you have a juris degree and taken a bar exam? How many states are you licensed to practice law in? How many constitutional cases have you argued in a court of law?
I’m allowed to practice law in current events and I’ve argued many cases.

Indecisi0n

They understood history. for some reason when you give people freedom it slowly devolves into fascism or becomes corrupted in some other way . that is why in the past civilizations were ruled by Kings because people are "too stupid" to rules themselves.

these days it's just laziness
I tend to agree with this .

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Thomas Jefferson and mason were true geniuses . And some of the other founders were also. I have wondered in the past what would they say about what our nation has become?

That would make a great movie if they could come now to a session of congress and help fix things.
They’d be suicidal.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Let's get this straight. According to your response you are a self proclaimed constitutional scholar. You claim have credentials but won't say what they are. You concede the fact that you have no juris degree taken no bar exam not licensed to practice law in any state. Have not argued a single constitutional case in any court of law.So in other words your interpretation of the constitution is that of an ordinary laymen. Is that correct?
Bacha’s Comprehension Level=0.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

If there is any, honest intelligence on this board, I'd like to hear it, drop all political affiliation, respond according to your feelings, knowledge or intelligence and ability to dissect written declaration and exactly how our country wallows in it's current state.
Eloquent and elegant.

Reinforces my belief that we’ve regressed as a country. God save us if we’re ever invaded.

bacha29

Bacha’s Comprehension Level=0.
Wrong. I've encountered a number of self proclaimed "constitutional scholars" in my time who climbed on their soap boxes and dispensed with their ridiculously right slanted interpretation of the constitution. Whenever I called them out in regard to their credentials and education levels it always set them off in a spastic rage when they had to admit the fact that their interpretation of the constitution was that of a mere layman and no more credible than that of those they were preaching to.
Expressing love and gratitude for the constitution is one thing. Attempting to interpret it's meaning and application after more than two centuries in existence is a task best left for those who have spent their entire lives in the pursuit of the necessary levels of study and formal education required in order to speak to the matter in an authoritative and qualified manner.
Those who THINK they know the true meaning of the document but lack the credentials that supports their claims are almost always ignored or immediately discredited leaving them embarrassed and humiliated .
The difficult task of taking an ageing document and making it work in a increasingly complex world must be left to only those who are truly qualified to do so.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wrong. I've encountered a number of self proclaimed "constitutional scholars" in my time who climbed on their soap boxes and dispensed with their ridiculously right slanted interpretation of the constitution. Whenever I called them out in regard to their credentials and education levels it always set them off in a spastic rage when they had to admit the fact that their interpretation of the constitution was that of a mere layman and no more credible than that of those they were preaching to.
Expressing love and gratitude for the constitution is one thing. Attempting to interpret it's meaning and application after more than two centuries in existence is a task best left for those who have spent their entire lives in the pursuit of the necessary levels of study and formal education required in order to speak to the matter in an authoritative and qualified manner.
Those who THINK they know the true meaning of the document but lack the credentials that supports their claims are almost always ignored or immediately discredited leaving them embarrassed and humiliated .
The difficult task of taking an ageing document and making it work in a increasingly complex world must be left to only those who are truly qualified to do so.
So you believe the legacy that the Founding Fathers left us is only to be appreciated and digested by Scholars?

Have you seen what passes for Scholars in our Colleges and Universities?

I'm guessing you don't read, interpret, and apply the message of the Bible, either.

vantexan

In other words only liberals can truly discern the intent of the founding fathers. And only liberals know what's best for everyone else in this ever more complex world. Did I get your meaning right, or do I need proper credentials?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In other words only liberals can truly discern the intent of the founding fathers. And only liberals know what's best for everyone else in this ever more complex world. Did I get your meaning right, or do I need proper credentials?
You are obsessed with crying about liberals.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
They understood history. for some reason when you give people freedom it slowly devolves into fascism or becomes corrupted in some other way . that is why in the past civilizations were ruled by Kings because people are "too stupid" to rules themselves.

these days it's just laziness
George Orwell (Animal Farm) got it right.

Which party do the pigs represent?

bacha29

So you believe the legacy that the Founding Fathers left us is only to be appreciated and digested by Scholars?

Have you seen what passes for Scholars in our Colleges and Universities?

I'm guessing you don't read, interpret, and apply the message of the Bible, either.
The history and legacy is meant to be appreciated by the common man. The task of how the documents are to be applied and their impact on the rule of law more than two centuries later is a task too daunting for mere laymen when you consider the impact finished law already has on many existing matters of law.
As for the bible and the countless different versions of it, the neat part about them is that you can take any passage from any version and use it to reinforce any point of view a person might have..

bacha29

British airways flight 349 into Boston canceled cause the army took over Boston airport
It's doesn't matter what political party you belong to you can't help but question the mental fitness of this individual . Yes some people are far better orators than others but this ageing gentleman had the address on a teleprompter right in front of him and he still couldn't stay on message and deliver an address that was even close historically correct...... A fine "Salute To America" this was.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
64884243_2286222468079755_874750830920597504_n.jpg

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Gonna have to rename you Joker. Please quote the exact section where @floridays quoted the Constitution.

You can't, because he quoted the Declaration of Independence. So much for the quality of YOUR education.

El Correcto

god is dead
This is rich coming from the party that abuses the elastic clause and thinks abortion is in the constitution.

El Correcto

god is dead
The history and legacy is meant to be appreciated by the common man. The task of how the documents are to be applied and their impact on the rule of law more than two centuries later is a task too daunting for mere laymen when you consider the impact finished law already has on many existing matters of law.
As for the bible and the countless different versions of it, the neat part about them is that you can take any passage from any version and use it to reinforce any point of view a person might have..
It’s not daunting and you shouldn’t speak down to people interested in the Constitution and the limitations set on the federal government. It doesn’t take much to read opinions of judges, the clauses and interpret it yourself.