Happy easy money day!

image.jpeg

S

selfcancelsignal

1 of the advantages of having good area knowledge is they'll usually take me off my in town route & put me on a rural route on these weird holiday delivery days. Pretty easy $ just tooling around providing good service for just shy of 10 hours.

Re-Raise

I worked 10 hrs at double time + holiday pay. It was raining and dark when I got back to the center.

A guy on the night sort has owed me $10 for a football bet for about a month so I decided to make him pay it when I saw him last night. He said he had it in his car, so I told him I would go with him and get it. He paid with a $10 winning lottery ticket, because this degenerate apparently has no cash.

I took a different path to my pickup truck than usual and will admit to being distracted looking at this ticket to make sure it really had any value.

I get in my truck and back up and CRUNCH! Some feeder guy dropped a trailer behind our vehicles in the parking lot and left. I have parked there for 30 years and have never seen a trailer in that part of the lot.

I have backup sensors, but they are on the bumper. The trailer was tall enough that it didn't activate the sensors. I hit it hard enough to crunch the top of the tailgate and crumple the corner of the bed.

10 hrs X $68 = 680
8 hrs X 34 =340
1 scratch off ticket = $10
minus $1000 deductible equals FML!!

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Getting paid time and a half all day is great, but whats even greater is when you get the easiest job there is today. I get to shuttle air today instead of run a route. So I'll still get about 6 hours of work for just handing drivers more work while I just drive around. I'm hoping preload got me some misloads :biggrin:
We get double time for hours worked plus 8 hours of holiday pay,so mark that as TRIPLE time for 8.

And my day was a breeze.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Not everyone had the good opportunity to be your son and live a privileged life of a college education. Union jobs offer a way to middleclass for all walks of people. I love my union the teamsters my local and unionists in general.

Privileged life?

You have had the opportunity to work for a company that has Union negotiated wages and benefits that have helped in the raising of two kids. Most people don't look at it this way but we are able to provide for our loved ones.

You're confusing privileged with fortunate. Privileged would be growing up with a silver spoon in your mouth. All Dave did was show up one day and fill out an application. Next thing he knows is that he's fresh out of the Air Force and putting on another uniform and driving a truck for a living. He was fortunate to find a job that could give his family everything they wanted and probably more. That's not privilege.

You're confusing privileged with fortunate. Privileged would be growing up with a silver spoon in your mouth. All Dave did was show up one day and fill out an application. Next thing he knows is that he's fresh out of the Air Force and putting on another uniform and driving a truck for a living. He was fortunate to find a job that could give his family everything they wanted and probably more. That's not privilege.
To each there own. Life is a privilegeto some. What some people see as a privilege others see as being fortunate. It's really how you the individual sees it. Everything I've got is a blessing that I'm privileged and fortunate to have. I'm privileged and fortunate to be born an American.

Johney

I worked 10 hrs at double time + holiday pay. It was raining and dark when I got back to the center.

A guy on the night sort has owed me $10 for a football bet for about a month so I decided to make him pay it when I saw him last night. He said he had it in his car, so I told him I would go with him and get it. He paid with a $10 winning lottery ticket, because this degenerate apparently has no cash.

I took a different path to my pickup truck than usual and will admit to being distracted looking at this ticket to make sure it really had any value.

I get in my truck and back up and CRUNCH! Some feeder guy dropped a trailer behind our vehicles in the parking lot and left. I have parked there for 30 years and have never seen a trailer in that part of the lot.

I have backup sensors, but they are on the bumper. The trailer was tall enough that it didn't activate the sensors. I hit it hard enough to crunch the top of the tailgate and crumple the corner of the bed.

10 hrs X $68 = 680
8 hrs X 34 =340
1 scratch off ticket = $10
minus $1000 deductible equals FML!!
Distracted or not, how in the hell do you not see a UPS trailer behind your truck?

Re-Raise

Distracted or not, how in the hell do you not see a UPS trailer behind your truck?
Dark, rain, looking to the side for traffic. Not expecting a trailer parked in the lot behind all of our parked personal vehicles. No tractor , just a single trailer.

Re-Raise

I stepped it off and he left it approx. 15 ft behind our row of personal vehicles. I have an extended cab Sierra pickup.

After all of the pictures were taken and the DM called, I had to maneuver forward and back to get out. This was in the employee parking area with vehicles parked in front of us so we couldn't drive out forward. He must have just decided, screw them.

We don't even own the area he left the trailer in. It belongs to a tire shop next door. I have parked there for 30 years. To me the danger is from the side with traffic, didn't expect it parked behind me.