Happy Peak Day

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We were just told by our shop steward that all PVDs will be laid off Friday and most of our low seniority drivers will be off too. They can bump inside employees but we don’t have back to back pt shifts here. Company is expecting less profits so cuts are being made.

hegro

Still had 10 routes go out with 350-425 stops yesterday. I believe 100-200 stops on each of those routes were in trailers to be picked up in second half of day. Lots of packages not getting delivered yesterday. Clocked out at 13 hrs. Will have to hear another speech from center manager about how we need to get clean today.

DieselSoup

Dust'nGrime
They laid-off several helpers and pvd's Monday, and things still seemed smooth, from my perspective, because they still kept a few on. Then they cut 6 routes Tuesday, laid-off a few more, and it was rough. Right back to late e.t.a.'s. Whenever things run smooth, it's like someone says, "no, somethings wrong. We can't do things that make sense"

MattM

Another light day. Weather is looking right leading up to next week. They have us working the weekend so Monday and Tuesday aren't overloaded.

The calm before the storm?

Where are our unannounced 53 foot trailers from Amazon? Where are our plain white charter jets with a million locks?

This is too easy. Scary times. I hope layoffs aren't near. No one's working doubles. 5-6 helpers tops out of my building. Is the christmas rush behind us?

In the past we were loose loading 53 foot trailers for 5-6 hrs at a time. That has yet to happen.
I guess I'll enjoy it while it's easy. Back to a crap fest on Wednesday I'm sure.

Air Recovery

Something is wrong. All our helpers got cut today. Seasonal's routes were cut. PU's back on normal routes. Seasonals riding as helpers. I hate how they draw down our force and we just get curb stomped week after Christmas

AND THEY NEVER :censored2:ING LEARN FROM THE PAST

542thruNthru

We were just told by our shop steward that all PVDs will be laid off Friday and most of our low seniority drivers will be off too. They can bump inside employees but we don’t have back to back pt shifts here. Company is expecting less profits so cuts are being made.

Our local just got done filing a all effected grievances for sups working Sundays. Now we find out that all "inside" seasonal drivers will be sent back into the building while PVDs are still working. So our local is filing a grievance on that as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Something is wrong. All our helpers got cut today. Seasonal's routes were cut. PU's back on normal routes. Seasonals riding as helpers. I hate how they draw down our force and we just get curb stomped week after Christmas

AND THEY NEVER :censored2:ING LEARN FROM THE PAST

Were they cut permanently or just for the day?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local just got done filing a all effected grievances for sups working Sundays. Now we find out that all "inside" seasonal drivers will be sent back into the building while PVDs are still working. So our local is filing a grievance on that as well.

There is no basis for either grievance.

Were you willing to come in on Sunday to help out?

If they cut the PVD's now they would never get all of them back.

542thruNthru

Wrong...

No extra work list was posted. No one was notified or asked to. I would have worked Sunday for double time. They also could have scheduled 22.4s to work Sunday.

The companies failure to staff properly is not the unions problem.

Wrong again...
How in anyway is that the unions problem and how in anyway does a grievance have no basis because of it.

clean hairy

Just when did you become an expert on the contract?
And, since you no longer work here, why would anything related to this place be of concern to you, since it does not affect you?