Happy Peak Day

hegro

270 Wednesday, 275 Thursday, 340 today. Far from the heaviest route in the center. Finished 270 and 275 the past two days. Today I left 100+ packages at the building. Not sure where all this volume is coming from but UPS is definitely biting off more than they can chew. Going to have thousands of undelivered packages on Christmas in my building. Didn't get approved for 70 this week either. Our center manager sounded beyond defeated at pcm this morning. :lol:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I talked to a driver from my old center about a half hour ago. He already had stops brought out to him and had to go back to the building for more. He had 210 left with his helper.

Obviously peak here wasn't earlier this week.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I talked to a driver from my old center about a half hour ago. He already had stops brought out to him and had to go back to the building for more. He had 210 left with his helper.

Obviously peak here wasn't earlier this week.

My stop count has been way up these last few days. But I think it has more to do with my loopmates whining about too many stops, so they just give me a bunch of theirs.

rod

Retired 22 years
Would someone please remind me to order my 150 lb. anvils on Monday and please deliver them to me early on Tuesday because they are a bitch to wrap.

Delivery!!!

I’ve heard that Amazon dumped a ton of extra volume at the Mesquite hub that they couldn’t handle.
We got dumped on here in the Midwest too. We were told they reached max capacity so we took it. Cargo area in the package car looked noticably different than the last few weeks with all the smiley face boxes in the back.

hegro

Today. Lots more routes between 250-300. 200+ mile country routes going out with 175-200.

Attachments

• IMG_20191220_213240.jpg
    IMG_20191220_213240.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 65

MattM

A bit of an uptick today. But nothing too crazy.
It's been a medium steady pace since the BF rush. When will the next rush be?

Late jets out of Louisville and Ontario by 1-2 hours. So I know the last second push is happening. If any severe weather pops up Monday, Tuesday could be a very long day.

It's been months but the next 4 days we're trying not to have any left in buildings. It's nearing on impossible.

Cloud

Today was by far the heaviest day of peak so far...

Monday and Tuesday were easy this week (less than 200 pieces), Wednesday and Thursday (300-350 pieces), today 400 pieces.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm off Christmas eve mandatory lay-off, ya'll have fun.

Me too.
I tell you what. This peak feeder gig has been sweet. Peak day?? You mean the day that was like all the others that I have worked since I started this gig???

Once the hubs quit letting contractors on the property, things got exponentially better. They drop their trailers in drop lots and shifters go get them to put on doors. The only ones that can drop off or pick up trailers inside the hub gates are UPSers.

Hopefully, they start doing the same earlier in peak. This year, they waited until the hubs were so congested that it was taking an extra hour to get in and out.