harrassment

Minton

Minton in addition to what over 9.5 wrote, I would look into getting a restraining order. Then bring in it to the management. Something will get done one way or another, as long as you stand your ground and call police, get restraining order, and actually ask for charges to be pressed for assault / battery.
Thank you , seems nobody believes me and thinks ima supervisor troll...wow! but I will follow up with HR ...again ..nothing came out of it the last time . thank you again for your kind words and support.

Minton

And they call you a "B"?
You're on here because you're a troll.
In real life this issue is easily fixed.
Especially if you're a woman.
and how is it easily fixed ? because I have gone to management ive even goe to HR ..so tell me how its so easy because im missing something and have followed all right steps and it always just gets swept under the rug and im told that they will speak to these ladies. and that's it..it continues.

Minton

You're a troll.
Evidently you are a female? You're a supervisor.
You have people shoulder checking you and the company has let this has go on for three years?
Whatever.
im not a supervisor im a data capture clerk..i work in international and I image and all the invoices and do all of the reports for the night . if I was a supervisor I wouldn't be going through this. and yes its been going on and being swept under the rug for 3 years . we aren't part of the hub over here and really don't have anyone over us so a lot of drama goes on and ignored because nobody wants to deal with it, im not the only one with problems. but thanks for the advice and support from another upser

542thruNthru

and how is it easily fixed ? because I have gone to management ive even goe to HR ..so tell me how its so easy because im missing something and have followed all right steps and it always just gets swept under the rug and im told that they will speak to these ladies. and that's it..it continues.

What Can an Employee Do If Workplace Violence Is Not Addressed?

This has some helpful stuff. I recommend from now on any harassment at all or physical contact from these two women you submit in writing what has happen to HR and OSHA. If nothing is done you need to call the police (not 911). Make sure you start documenting everything.

Also don't worry about what they put in a grievance is doesn't effect you at all. It's just them trying to upset you and the supervisor.

Minton

So you live in the same complex your sup does, hang out outside of work with them, and tell them personal details of your life to them. On top of all this, you work in an office while they work somewhere else, presumably in harsher conditions?

You still wonder why you catch grief?

Correct me if I’m wrong in any of this, I can tell by your writings that you’re pretty upset about it.
I don't even live anywhere near my sup..its all just a bunch of craziness ... I wouldn't be pissed if there was truth in their allegations but this is all just aimed at me I guess to get me out of the dept bcuz im new hell idk

Minton

What Can an Employee Do If Workplace Violence Is Not Addressed?

This has some helpful stuff. I recommend from now on any harassment at all or physical contact from these two women you submit in writing what has happen to HR and OSHA. If nothing is done you need to call the police (not 911). Make sure you start documenting everything.

Also don't worry about what they put in a grievance is doesn't effect you at all. It's just them trying to upset you and the supervisor.
Thank you , I seriously just want to cry right now actually getting some type of positive repose . Will do and thank you again.

W

What The Hawk?

I constantly have 2 other teamsters always trying to throw me under the bus. they get themselves in trouble for whatever reason and write grievances after their write up's with my name all over it full of off the wall lies!!! wth its been going on since the day I started and nothing ever comes of the allegations but the harassment continues ...ive even been cursed at and shoulder checked and still nothing..im so over it!
Ignoring them is the best option. Honestly say "I'm too old for this high school :censored2:, have a good day". They do it because they KNOW it bothers you.

542thruNthru

Thank you , I seriously just want to cry right now actually getting some type of positive repose . Will do and thank you again.

I will say you need to stop being a push over. This shouldn't be going on for 3 years. Show your daughter how to be strong and demand something be done. If nothing is done it's time to take legal action. Plenty of lawyers out there that would be happy to make money off UPS.

A

Article 3

im not a supervisor im a data capture clerk..i work in international and I image and all the invoices and do all of the reports for the night . if I was a supervisor I wouldn't be going through this. and yes its been going on and being swept under the rug for 3 years . we aren't part of the hub over here and really don't have anyone over us so a lot of drama goes on and ignored because nobody wants to deal with it, im not the only one with problems. but thanks for the advice and support from another upser
Ok. Since you NOW fill in the blanks I can see that you're not a supe but...

All you have to do is hey a small digital recording device and record it every day. Recording on Company property is now legal (thx to the NLRB)...since Aug 30, 2016 so record it and sue after you take it to the county/city prosecuting attorney.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Whatever you do, and you should take the great advice from Over9.5, Scooby and 542, remember that documentation is key. You can't ask it expect anyone to help you without it. You should be keeping a notebook diary of each day and whether there's any or no action taken.

If you have previously notified your supervisor, and documented it, of the shoulder bumps, sexual comments etc, and no action was taken, he/she will be in serious doo doo with upper mgmt. They get drilled on preventing this kind of thing. Ignoring it is not optional. Good luck, and be brave, your daughter is counting on you!
Also, definitely notify your BA of this and the partiality towards mgmt of the problem steward. The last thing any local needs is a mgt friendly shop steward.

Last edited:

Observer

Contact OSHA - as it is against the law for promoting a hostile workplace environment. Yes, get it taped as they are slandering you. The grievance copies which will be your evidence for what they state with your name for what is written about you. Don't do the thing- try to let it rub off - remember you're in a junior high school environment here. When you work with women - they are the most disgusting, back stabbing human beings. I'm a boomer so conseqently usually the only females I can work with are my own age, however, even they can get some kind of wild bug up their keister and all hell breaks loose. OSHA is very helpful but the company will delay them entry. Also, you want to document by name if possible- which supervisors are promoting the hostile work environment. NLRB is from my experience is on the take as they will usually side with the company. It really depends on what state that you reside in. OSHA are kind and caring-however they don't fine different companies enough money to get hostile workplace environments to stop. Remember this is also a workmans comp issue. I really feel for you. We all get tired of the bullies and the way people are allowed to act in the work environment. Yes, I get that having good insurance is important. Try to keep a stiff upper lip. If they threaten you in anyway file a police report with their number(not 911) and get the report no. and who you talked to. IF you have time try to file in person- as police like other companies slide stuff under the rug all of the time. You want an actual copy of the police report for the OSHA people to have. Good luck.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
it sounds like your job description segregates the rank and file. The union files the grievance against UPS and it's not against YOU, though your name may be there.

When you say imaging, you mean the new system of attaching invoices via image and not paper, correct?
I was an auditor for a short time and we were assigned to package ctr, not hub.
And never-ever- again will I do that job. The racism by itself (Teamsters, not management ) got to me.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

I don't even live anywhere near my sup..its all just a bunch of craziness ... I wouldn't be :censored2: if there was truth in their allegations but this is all just aimed at me I guess to get me out of the dept bcuz im new hell idk
You do know it's a fact that 99.9% of all women are crazy?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
There is always more to the story. Trust me.

There is not any favoritism going on just a bunch of allegations and lies from these two ladies.

The situation makes more sense now.

There's obviously, been a situation brewing for some time.

It sounds like you are finally stressing out from it.

You've gotten some good advice here.... but, you need to follow up on it.

Don't hesitate to contact your Local Union BA. I'm sure they would want to get

involved to help mitigate problems between members.

Don't take any callous remarks to your situation, to heart. (myself included)

Working at UPS takes a certain intestinal fortitude.

Constantly battling a soulless corporate entity.... leaves you jaded.

Good luck.

-Bug-