Harry Reid

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Reid is never satisfied. I laughed when he said the other day that Romney had a lot of nerve coming to HIS state.
So now he owns Nevada ???

Reid: Romney 'refuses to be straight with the American people' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Hey Mitt, what's the problem with releasing all of the returns? I guess we Americans are just too stupid to understand the complexities of a "job creator" tax return. There's a simple answer, which is that Mitt has something to hide. Otherwise....just release everything.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey Mitt, what's the problem with releasing all of the returns? I guess we Americans are just too stupid to understand the complexities of a "job creator" tax return. There's a simple answer, which is that Mitt has something to hide. Otherwise....just release everything.

While I agree that a candidate for President should believe in full disclosure, would you have been willing to provide 10 years worth of tax returns when you applied to either UPS or FedEx?

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's been said many times on here that the IRS requires you have 3 years of back taxes on hand. Why should anyone have any more??

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
It's been said many times on here that the IRS requires you have 3 years of back taxes on hand. Why should anyone have any more??

Because they say that they can turn around the entire world economy because they are so smart, but won't tell us how they plan to do it.

Show me how you ran your business, and let me decide if I'm good with those methods. Simple.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Because they say that they can turn around the entire world economy because they are so smart, but won't tell us how they plan to do it.

Show me how you ran your business, and let me decide if I'm good with those methods. Simple.
That's your M.O.... just change the subject. You think no one notices your are jumping around?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
That's your M.O.... just change the subject. You think no one notices your are jumping around?

That's rich!

So how do they do it? How did Mitt run his businesses? Ryan can't even remember to include $60k of income, and he's their numbers guy? Wow.

BrownArmy

While I agree that a candidate for President should believe in full disclosure, would you have been willing to provide 10 years worth of tax returns when you applied to either UPS or FedEx?

'Applying' for the job of the next POTUS is a little different than applying to either UPS or FEDEX, agreed?

It's funny, Ryan supplied 10 years of tax information while he was being vetted for VP by the Romney campaign...Romney supplied 10 years of tax information while he was being vetted for VP by the McCain campaign...

Sooo...good for the goose but not the gander?

moreluck

golden ticket member
'Applying' for the job of the next POTUS is a little different than applying to either UPS or FEDEX, agreed?

It's funny, Ryan supplied 10 years of tax information while he was being vetted for VP by the Romney campaign...Romney supplied 10 years of tax information while he was being vetted for VP by the McCain campaign...

Sooo...good for the goose but not the gander?
You said he already provided 10 years ?? Then what are you all griping about!!

BrownArmy

You said he already provided 10 years ?? Then what are you all griping about!!

Yes, he provided 10 years of tax records to the McCain campaign while he was auditioning for VP for the McCain ticket in 2008.

The American public isn't the 2008 McCain campaign.

Do you read the posts you reply to?

upsgrunt

That's a great idea!
To bad your standards and expectations aren't as high for the occupant.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Apparently Reid's faith allows him to trash other Mormons. Making unproven accusations about not paying taxes.

Also, I sure wouldn't want Reid for a lawyer either..........he made an unfounded accusation and said he didn't have to prove it and that Mitt has to prove it's not true. Most lawyers (99 9/10%) believe you are innocent until proven guilty. Not him.

Last edited:

island1fox

How sad --Romney ONLY paid 14% He paid 1.9 MILLION DOLLARS !!!!! How much did you contribute to the Government in Real Dollars ???

Thank Romney for all the money he has in fact paid. If he handles HIS money so well --I am sure he knows how to handle OUR money better than Obama.

Also Obama keeps crying about what Romney has paid in taxes ----YET Has done NOTHING to change the present tax code even when the Dems had full controll for two years.

Romneys 14% is a second tax ---the first tax on earned income ---the present taxes on the investments of that previous taxed money.

I know very hard for some of you to grasp that is why you are voting for four more years of "forward" with no LEADERSHIP.:dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
What a tool.

Via Las Vegas Sun:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid called himself a “one-man wrecking crew” on Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s refusal to release his tax returns and warned of “17 angry old white men” spending vast sums on political advertising as he tried to rouse Carson City to vote for Democratic Rep. Shelley Berkley and President Barack Obama.

Reid told a packed room in Carson City on Monday that Romney was a “plastic man running for president who changes his position every chance he gets. He isn’t someone who should represent this country.” [...]
The Senate typically doesn’t have jurisdiction over the actions of House members.

Reid has been a vociferous critic of Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts, during this election cycle. In a statement, Darren Littell, Nevada spokesman for the Republicans, dismissed Reid’s criticism.

“President Obama has no record to run on, so is anyone really surprised that his pal Harry Reid is making these idiotic statements?” Littell said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fixina fight ??? It's what an old pugilist does !!!!

Dingy’s over-the-top attacks on Romney are apparently his way of paying Obama back.
Via Beltway Confidential:

President Obama claims that political considerations did not influence the Energy Department’s green energy loan program, but newly-released internal emails show that his administration subsidized Nevada companies in order to help Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., win his 2010 reelection campaign.
“And these are decisions, by the way, that are made by the Department of Energy, they have nothing to do with politics,” Obama said last week when asked about the green companies that have gone bankrupt despite receiving taxpayer support.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee released DOE emails today that compromise Obama’s position on two counts: one, the emails show that Obama himself was involved in approving loans; two, DOE officials were keenly aware of the political interests at stake, as they regarded the loans as a way for the White House to help Reid by giving him a way to brag about bringing federal money into Nevada.
Messages from late in 2010 demonstrate that DOE officials were concerned that President Obama’s personal desire to get DOE loans approved was putting tax payer money at risk.

“I am growing increasingly worried about a fast track process imposed on us at the POTUS level based on this chaotic process that we are undergoing,” Loan Program Office Senior Credit Advisor Jim McCrea wrote to loan program executive director Jonathan Silver in October 2010. “y designing the fast track process and having it approved at the POTUS level (which is an absolute waste of his time!) it legitimizes every element and it becomes embedded like the 55% recovery rate which also was imposed by POTUS.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some one needs to tell him that no matter what you pass or legislate, it's always going to be hot & desolate in Searchlight !!!

Nov 7 (Reuters) – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Wednesday that he hoped senators would work on climate change legislation, though he did not provide a time frame for doing so.

“Climate change is an extremely important issue for me and I hope we can address it reasonably,” Reid said the day after President Barack Obama was re-elected and Democrats won enough seats to retain control of the Senate.

“It’s something, as we’ve seen with these storms that are overwhelming our country and the world, we need to do something about it,” Reid said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Shudder.
Via Beltway Confidential:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., who cut the necessary deals to pass Obamacare and made himself a political attack dog this cycle, wants to keep his job for the next decade.

“I have this one and one more Congress before I have to run for reelection,” Reid told Politico. “I’m planning on running for reelection.” Reid’s next campaign comes in 2016. If he won, that term would not end until 2022.
Does Reid want to be Senate Majority Leader that whole time? “Oh sure,” he said.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Address the filibuster when you get a budget, fix the debt, cut the spending, eliminate electoral college, revamp the IRS, etc!

The home is burning down, we need to throw water on it to put out the fire and Reid wants to decide what flowers to plant next Spring!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
ws8tw9.jpg