Has any UPS employee been infected by Covid-19?

MattM

We’re a sup down at the moment(sick). No union workers have called in sick. But we’re not quite a hot zone yet.

someone’s always sick around here. And for extended periods of time.
Late January, half our operation caught a stomach flu/bug. So we know we’re prone to community spread.
It’s a ticking time bomb and everyone’s working until the health department shuts us down.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1F87D3ED-CDA9-4110-A50D-A973B07D0E29.jpeg

thanks for protecting me UPS

FreedomOne

The Chinese office chairs were flowing freely today. We already have people not coming. One case in the building and it will be deserted.

Box Handler of Dallas

Okay, I know Tom Hanks and his wife have it. I couldn't give a damn.
But....what about our fellow co-workers? Have any of our drivers, loaders, supervisors, etc. been hit with the virus?
I was told last night on my way out of the hub, that someone on the night sort at the Dallas hub was diagnosed with it. No official word from mgmt on it though. Although, all of the sudden there's a table with Coronavirus information on it as you walk in the door.

barnyard

KTM rider
My daughter was tested yesterday and is quarantined as a presumed positive. Her boyfriend has been taking care of her was told by the BNSF that he had to come to work until he tested positive. The county public health nurse called the railroad and fixed that. Once tested, it takes 3 days for the results to come back. In Montana, they are only testing people that have all the symptoms AND have been tested for 2 other flu viruses AND those tests come back negative. My daughter was in a meeting with someone that tested positive. Because of that meeting, Northern Montana University in Havre is doing all online classes for the rest of this school year.

watdaflock?

Okay, I know Tom Hanks and his wife have it. I couldn't give a damn.
But....what about our fellow co-workers? Have any of our drivers, loaders, supervisors, etc. been hit with the virus?
I'm positive somebody from UPS has it. If they've been able to get tested yet, is the question.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
In the coming weeks this peak-like workload for every area of operations is going to take a toll. Maybe a week before everyone is going to have to switch to "peakmode" to stay healthy. Fun times ahead?

Scuderia

I make zero customer contact for those driver release NDA’s. Those packages pay our wages man. I think you overthink our job wayyyyyy too much. Don’t take it personal dude. I don’t want any of us getting sick. But unfortunately we chose to work here and UPS is gonna take all the money they can during this :censored2:ty time.

The virus lives on cardboard for 24 hours. Trust me you're making plenty of contact. A lot of us probably have it already. UPS drivers are probably healthier and have stronger lungs than your average "cubicle" Joe.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
My daughter was tested yesterday and is quarantined as a presumed positive. Her boyfriend has been taking care of her was told by the BNSF that he had to come to work until he tested positive. The county public health nurse called the railroad and fixed that. Once tested, it takes 3 days for the results to come back. In Montana, they are only testing people that have all the symptoms AND have been tested for 2 other flu viruses AND those tests come back negative. My daughter was in a meeting with someone that tested positive. Because of that meeting, Northern Montana University in Havre is doing all online classes for the rest of this school year.
Hope all goes well