Has Obama Just Insured A 2nd Term?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sometime this week, AFL-CIO will come out and endorse Obama.

I wish there was a rule that unions could not throw money at a candidate (R. or D.) unless all of their pensions were funded 100%. Throw the money in there!

Since I brought up unions, I heard that the public sector union jobs average $120,000 ( pay and benefits).....and the private sector union jobs average $60,000 (pay & benefits). Something's not right and it's no wonder why states are going bankrupt.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A Mere 80% Say They’re Not Better Off Than Four Years Ago - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm 1 of them, too.
How can someone be, with the USA and Europe in financial problems ?

Klein, it's called financial planning. Four years ago I had nearly $50K in personal debt. Today I am debt free (other than my mortgage) and have $3K in liquid savings. I paid cash for my half of my daughter's wedding. I am contributing 35% to my 401K.

I am better off today than I was 4 years ago.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein, it's called financial planning. Four years ago I had nearly $50K in personal debt. Today I am debt free (other than my mortgage) and have $3K in liquid savings. I paid cash for my half of my daughter's wedding. I am contributing 35% to my 401K.

I am better off today than I was 4 years ago.

Gee, you're broke compared to me !
Besides, I don't need to lay away money for healthcare , either :)

klein

Für Meno :)
The difference is I earn every $$ I make.

I just finished 22 days of work , without a day off. I finally got Sunday & Monday off ( this past weekend), but also applied for an early daytime job, too, which I hope I can get.
Just like you, I'm single and live alone, - so it don't matter if I work 7 days a week, 70 to 80 hrs.
So, don't tell me I'm not earning my money !

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe you should have clicked on the link : WASHINGTON | Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:31pm EDT

This is what was in the main story you posted......."The poll, taken March 8-11 on the heels of reports that 227,000 jobs were added to the U.S. economy in February......"

The newer polls say different!