HATE new route, any options?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
last winter I was sitting in downtown Boston in the early am bringing a set to a local building, was stopped at red-light using all prescribed methods, when a college educated man mid 40's with a briefcase decided to cross the street by climbing over the dolly between my two trailers, rather than wait for me to move!!! I could of killed him, and would have been my fault ! Boston,,,yah just cant make this stuff up !! Blood money !!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Isn't mainly because the further routes have more seat time to and from? Say that is 40 minutes round trip. That could be 35 minutes of stops for the guy right near the center.

That's why it's often more pleasant to be further away. Assuming the routes themselves are in nice areas.
Exactly, remember miles are a drivers best friend. The more miles you have the better your going to plan out. Its all in the equation with stops, pickups and pieces and miles. A route farther away usually should have less stops than a route real close to the center. Obviously this is not always the case because its based off of what type of stops that are on that route. But you get the idea now.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My philosophy is the opposite of that statement. My goal is to work for 50 bucks an hour as much as they will let me...and they sure do let me.
Ditto Rooster, well we agree on that lol. Its all about the cheese always bro. Isnt that why people work to make the most amount of money they possibly can? That's my mentality. Make the most money when you can when your young so that when your retired you don't have to if you choose not too.

Overpaid Union Thug

What does that mean exactly..... What I mean is, if a split route , like a 62e for example , is only in 3 times a week it still has to be bid? What supplement is it?

Apparently it will be bid. The other two days (presumably Mondays and Fridays) the bid driver will essentially be unassigned. And training routes will be bid but whenever a new hire needs to be trained the bid driver has to come off the route until the newb's 30 days are complete. I am in the Southern Supplement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ditto Rooster, well we agree on that lol. Its all about the cheese always bro. Isnt that why people work to make the most amount of money they possibly can? That's my mentality. Make the most money when you can when your young so that when your retired you don't have to if you choose not too.

We work to live, not live to work.

redrooster

WOOF WOOF
Yassa mama don't like no puny little checks!

The Driver

I drive.
I noticed a lot of people mentioned that the routes closest to the building have the most work. I am on a training route that's about 15-20 mins from my center and only drive 50+ miles and have a p1000.

I pick up 24 businesses and deliver to most of the same ones and picked up 565 packages yesterday.

Why is it that the closer routes are the ones with more work though? Is it because they figure you will burn less fuel being closer or something? I am still pretty new but I have enough bulk that it is really hard to be completely done my businesses and resis by 2:45 for pickups.

Today I had about 32 resis left to deliver after my last pickup at 5. Granted I know I will get faster but damn it is tough. My route has a total of roughly 120 stops.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I'm new as well, on a training route. 97 miles, 145 stops, less than 7 pickups, and more often than not I still have about 30 or so residential stops after my last pickup at around 5:15. Some days I can get it all done before 5:00. Hoping today is one of 'em, but I'm not going to stress out if it's not. Be safe out there!

upschuck

Apparently it will be bid. The other two days (presumably Mondays and Fridays) the bid driver will essentially be unassigned. And training routes will be bid but whenever a new hire needs to be trained the bid driver has to come off the route until the newb's 30 days are complete. I am in the Southern Supplement.
Don't know if it is the same language as Central, but here, the route needs to be run for 30 days straight(outside of peak), for it is to be considered a perm route, and bid. Sometimes they have changed route number, to try to not bid a route.

Coca Cola Delivery Man87

that's logical.
However,LIFE is NOW...not later.I know a individual that worked his entire life always talked about "I cant wait to retire,so I can start living." 1week BEFORE he was set to retire he was killed on the job.

Money is important but it's just a tool.
Be the one chased,not the chaser.

Overpaid Union Thug

Don't know if it is the same language as Central, but here, the route needs to be run for 30 days straight(outside of peak), for it is to be considered a perm route, and bid. Sometimes they have changed route number, to try to not bid a route.
Our supplement doesn't say anything about that. Only that all routes will be bid.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
that's logical.
However,LIFE is NOW...not later.I know a individual that worked his entire life always talked about "I cant wait to retire,so I can start living." 1week BEFORE he was set to retire he was killed on the job.

Money is important but it's just a tool.
Be the one chased,not the chaser.
I agree but the one difference is as you get older that changes. When your young you only think about the now and not the later. But once you get to a certain age that mentality has to change to start thinking about the later. You really have no choice unless you want to work forever, and me personally I don't want to. That's an easy choice for me as I was raised as a social security kid by my grandparents. They didn't have jack when I was growing up. I saw at an early age what its like, the consequences of thinking about the now versus the later. I told myself I don't want to be older and have nothing to show for all my hard work when I was younger. That's why to this day I stay hungry and work as much as I can and make as much money as I can.