Have some Cola with your August raise?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Go shopping with the wife at the grocery store sometimes. Prices are noticeably up over last year.

I actually do half of the shopping and grocery prices are mostly up because of gas prices and the suppliers having to gte the product to the stores and on the shelves

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I actually do half of the shopping and grocery prices are mostly up because of gas prices and the suppliers having to gte the product to the stores and on the shelves

Yep ... that was my point.
The government may not include gas prices in the COLA but the impact of higher gas prices is reflected on the items that are included.

Packmule

Not in a personal manner, but management apparently didn't get a raise this year and has been very vindictive because of it. Whether it is overloaded trucks, blatant violations of contract language regarding production standards, telematics, or drivers being suspended/terminated for accidents that weren't legally their fault, and in the past, wouldn't have been even charged. All of it is part of a corporate policy to harrass and intimidate drivers, largely because of the money we make compared to other work groups. Ever seen a time in UPS history when you are forced to sign so many "training documents"? It's all about setting you up for a career kill and the more money the Teamsters negotiate for you, the less jop security you will have. IBT needs to come into the 21st century. It ain't all about today's pay scale anymore. Tomorrow's security means just as much.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Not in a personal manner, but management apparently didn't get a raise this year and has been very vindictive because of it. Whether it is overloaded trucks, blatant violations of contract language regarding production standards, telematics, or drivers being suspended/terminated for accidents that weren't legally their fault, and in the past, wouldn't have been even charged. All of it is part of a corporate policy to harrass and intimidate drivers, largely because of the money we make compared to other work groups. Ever seen a time in UPS history when you are forced to sign so many "training documents"? It's all about setting you up for a career kill and the more money the Teamsters negotiate for you, the less jop security you will have. IBT needs to come into the 21st century. It ain't all about today's pay scale anymore. Tomorrow's security means just as much.

I don't know, but it seems like most lowel level management agrees with the employee that the current abuses are asinine, however they don't really have any authority to undermine the ones making the decisions you speak of, from above.

Anyway, I'll enjoy my $.57 /hr and the $.57/hr harrassment that comes with it and I'm sure most of us feel the same. It is what it is.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know, but it seems like most lowel level management agrees with the employee that the current abuses are asinine, however they don't really have any authority to undermine the ones making the decisions you speak of, from above.

Anyway, I'll enjoy my $.57 /hr and the $.57/hr harrassment that comes with it and I'm sure most of us feel the same. It is what it is.

Sounds like the old "good cop- bad cop" routine to me. Deep down they all have had the "Brown" transfusion and just use that "I can't do anything about it" excuse as an easy out. When the hourlies aren't looking they are all high 5- ing each other.

jackface

Sounds like the old "good cop- bad cop" routine to me. Deep down they all have had the "Brown" transfusion and just use that "I can't do anything about it" excuse as an easy out. When the hourlies aren't looking they are all high 5- ing each other.

So it would seem, but I can assure you, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm a Part-Time Sup on the Preload, and we get harassed just as much as you do. I can't explain to you how much I try and stick up and fight for my loaders, and I take the heat for it more often than not. It all rolls down hill, and I promise you, we are not high-fiving the full timers... we resent them as much as you do.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So it would seem, but I can assure you, that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm a Part-Time Sup on the Preload, and we get harassed just as much as you do. I can't explain to you how much I try and stick up and fight for my loaders, and I take the heat for it more often than not. It all rolls down hill, and I promise you, we are not high-fiving the full timers... we resent them as much as you do.
jackface,

You should report anyone who harasses you immediately?

Sincerely,
I

CRASH501

Unions locals in the NYS Teamster Pension plan voted to divert their split raises for the duration of the contract to the pension plan. COLA raises weren't discussed or mentioned but I have to assume that these would be diverted as well.
This is the first I am hearing of this.......
I didnt vote on that crap!

JonFrum

Unions locals in the NYS Teamster Pension plan voted to divert their split raises for the duration of the contract to the pension plan. COLA raises weren't discussed or mentioned but I have to assume that these would be diverted as well.
Article 34, Section 4, only authorizes re-allocation of Pension and H&W contributions and General Wage Increases, not Cost Of Living Adjustments.

JonFrum

This is the first I am hearing of this.......
I didnt vote on that crap!
No vote is necessary. Those who voted YES in the 2007 Contract Ratification Vote gave the Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee the authority to re-allocate without a further membership vote. Kinda like they gave the 9.5 Committee the right to weaken the 9.5 language without a further membership vote.
- - - -

Upstate is talking about the (Upstate) New York State Pension Fund, not the New York Local 804 Pension Fund.