Hazard pay petition

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I've achieved far more as a self-employed RE broker than I ever could at FedEx, without compromising my integrity in the process. Being a professional liar was never appealing, and that's pretty much what you are as an Express manager. Selling the corporate lie, and then continually being Fred's orifice never sat well with me at all.

Here we go again, "I could have done it but my integrity, blah blah blah."

Glad "management" is a perfect fit for somebody like you, whatever you call yourself. "Underachievement" is attaining your goals at the expense of others.

Any type of leadership position, if you want to be successful at it, requires you to manage and lead people with vastly different personalities and motivations to work together to achieve a common goal. Aside from problem-solving, it is primarily keeping everyone on track and there's lots to be said for encouraging and accommodating employee development.

It requires putting pieces of a puzzle together, teamwork, coordination, patience, diligence, teamwork, consistency, and so on. And in the end, it's all on you if you or your employees don't get it done and you are the one held accountable.

It's understandable why you wanted no part of it.

I am FedEx

Agreed Ground is paid a fair wage. UPS drivers have some self entitlement. Your vastly over-paid and it’s only a matter of time until Ground swallows your market share.

dezguy

Agreed Ground is paid a fair wage. UPS drivers have some self entitlement. Your vastly over-paid and it’s only a matter of time until Ground swallows your market share.
Wow. Employers love dummies like you. "I deserve to make $15 less than what my contemporaries make."

So nice to see people so willing to participate in the race to the bottom.

dezguy

It’s a step up for the people that take the job. Why do you hate low wage workers?
Please cite where I said I hated low wage earners.

Everyone should be striving for more. When you see others, in the same industry making significantly more money, they should be asking why they're making much less, not saying nah, I'm good.

Last edited:

yadig

Lmao!! Really? You better hope UPS stays in business. You will be making minimum wage if it wasn’t for them. Are you a owner? Wow! I promise Fred S loves guys like you!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here we go again, "I could have done it but my integrity, blah blah blah."

Any type of leadership position, if you want to be successful at it, requires you to manage and lead people with vastly different personalities and motivations to work together to achieve a common goal. Aside from problem-solving, it is primarily keeping everyone on track and there's lots to be said for encouraging and accommodating employee development.

It requires putting pieces of a puzzle together, teamwork, coordination, patience, diligence, teamwork, consistency, and so on. And in the end, it's all on you if you or your employees don't get it done and you are the one held accountable.

It's understandable why you wanted no part of it.

It's like arguing with a pet. Bye.

It will be fine

just curious what does an average ground driver make?

if it’s none of businesses that’s ok to
Varies wildly by location and contractor. Anywhere from $600-1200/week. Hours vary quite a bit as well. There are thousands of contractors so you can’t really nail down an exact answer. Compensation varies a lot within terminals.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If you are a driver at UPS you might want to keep that sentiment to yourself on this thread considering the pay difference between UPS and FedEx.
As a matter of fact I am a driver. I didn’t notice what forum this was posted in but we (UPS) have the same petition with over 100,000 signatures going around for hazard pay. My sentiment stands.