Hazard pay petition

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When you see others, in the same industry making significantly more money, they should be asking why they're making much less, not saying nah, I'm good.

"Because you keep showing up and working for it" would be a good answer.

The question to ask is why aren't they going to UPS.

The people that take jobs driving for Ground are getting more money than they were at whatever their previous job was. For them it’s a step up. Some people apparently don’t think they should have that opportunity.

The same people are appalled at a labor market functioning correctly and efficiently, too.

I am FedEx

No I’m not an owner. I work for the Express operation. I have no complaints our job is easy... UPS is vastly overpaid. They should make more in line with a ground driver. Any driver that has no commit times and simply straight lines their route, should be paid accordingly. How much easier could they make it? Point A to point B. Don’t like how Ground operates? Then don’t work for them simple as that.

I don’t understand all the hatred towards Dano... he appears to be one of the only ones that understands how the operation is intends to work.

dezguy

No I’m not an owner. I work for the Express operation. I have no complaints our job is easy... UPS is vastly overpaid. They should make more in line with a ground driver. Any driver that has no commit times and simply straight lines their route, should be paid accordingly. How much easier could they make it? Point A to point B. Don’t like how Ground operates? Then don’t work for them simple as that.

I don’t understand all the hatred towards Dano... he appears to be one of the only ones that understands how the operation is intends to work.
Lol the operation worked, paying drivers an ok wage for decades, then ground comes along and "that's how the operation intends to work"? So, the previous 4 decades just didn't exist?

I am FedEx

How does the operation still not work? Do you expect couriers to make high end $$$? No CDL’s... no education... The pay is market based and works as intended.

dezguy

How does the operation still not work? Do you expect couriers to make high end $$$? No CDL’s... no education... The pay is market based and works as intended.
In a world where more and more people rely on deliveries, whether that be to the business or the home, we should be asking for wages to increase, not decrease to ground levels, like you suggest.

The pay is market based, so why are Express, Purolator and UPS making much more than ground? It would seem the market isn't ground level pay.

AB831

exactly. The market might have been different 10-15, even 2 years ago, however, Amazon and Ground are dictating that it isn't quite as lucrative as people want to believe. It's unskilled labor. People should feel more grateful rather than feeling entitled to similar pay as nurses, teachers, etc.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You must have an easy route. Many Express drivers don't have the density of a UPS driver, but they cover the territory of 5 or 6 of them, plus have on-call pickups at a variety of service commitments. The jobs aren't that comparable.

Dano thinks you're an expendable dumb hourly and he looks down upon you. Glad you're OK with that.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
exactly. The market might have been different 10-15, even 2 years ago, however, Amazon and Ground are dictating that it isn't quite as lucrative as people want to believe. It's unskilled labor. People should feel more grateful rather than feeling entitled to similar pay as nurses, teachers, etc.
Lets see how many teachers or nurses could do our job at the levels we do without blowing out their back the first month.
Fun fact: Any driver who advocates paying people less money to deliver is a bitch , or not a driver at all.

AB831

Lets see how many teachers or nurses could do our job at the levels we do without blowing out their back the first month.
Fun fact: Any driver who advocates paying people less money to deliver is a bitch , or not a driver at all.
Feeling a little sensitive, tough guy? I'm not advocating anything, I'm just stating a fact. It's unskilled labor. Most unskilled labor is very low income work. Ours isn't......yet, and for that we should be grateful. That's all i'm saying. But entertain me for a second though. Nurses and teachers couldn't do your job? Why not? What skill do you possess that makes you more adept at doing unskilled labor than them?

It will be fine

Teachers and nurses are educated. It takes training to do those jobs. Just about anyone can deliver a box.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Feeling a little sensitive, tough guy? I'm not advocating anything, I'm just stating a fact. It's unskilled labor. Most unskilled labor is very low income work. Ours isn't......yet, and for that we should be grateful. That's all i'm saying. But entertain me for a second though. Nurses and teachers couldn't do your job? Why not? What skill do you possess that makes you more adept at doing unskilled labor than them?
I drive like a boss, got the endurance of a freight train and I can punish my body for 12 hours, wake up and do it again.
There is a reason only a small fraction of those who try to qualify for UPS make it.
I stand by my earlier statement.
@It will be fine, you're a joke, son. How much do you get paid to sit in here and belittle hourlies?

AB831

I drive like a boss, got the endurance of a freight train and I can punish my body for 12 hours, wake up and do it again.
There is a reason only a small fraction of those who try to qualify for UPS make it.
@It will be fine, you're a joke, son. How much do you get paid to sit in here and belittle hourlies?
So.........no skill other than self importance?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
So.........no skill other than self importance?
I'm happy to be insignificant to the world, as long as Im a bread winner for my family. I have a lot of flaws, but doing managements bidding by advocating for less compensation isn't on of them.
Im also a farmer on the side.

AB831

I'm happy to be insignificant to the world, as long as Im a bread winner for my family. I have a lot of flaws, but doing managements bidding by advocating for less compensation isn't on of them.
Im also a farmer on the side.
As I already said, I'm not advocating for anything. If you're happy with what you do for a living and you're providing for your family, you're absolutely right, that's important and that's all that matters. I just don't understand the "I'm better than others because they hypothetically couldn't do my job" attitude that you're giving off.

It will be fine

It’s adorable you think nurses don’t have a physical job. You would be replaced in a day if you quit.