health care reform

obama

well that stinks, doesn't it? Same medical provider, why another deductible? I think I am going to challenge United Healthcare on this. It's only $250/$500 but it's just not right !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does anyone know if deductibles carry over from employee health to retiree health? I already met my $250 deductible for 2013 and then retired. Do I need to spend another $250 before coverage kicks in? My HR department says NO, the Benefits Center says YES. Looking for others who have gone through this already.

thanks !
You have to start over based on feedback from other retires and UPS
Retirement group.

obama

thanks Ramster...I just heard the same thing from a different Benefits rep...however, I am glad to hear it from someone who went through it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
thanks Ramster...I just heard the same thing from a different Benefits rep...however, I am glad to hear it from someone who went through it.
I hope you are right ... I asked this specifically and was told, "Different plans and had to start over."

obama

scalretired:
ActionJaxson was talking about something that does not affect retiree health care. Prior to OBAMAcare, children between 19 and 25 needed to be in school full time in order to be under a parent's medical plan. OBAMAcare changed that to all children up to age 26 could be covered, if they were in school or not. However, the GOTCHA is that retirement medical was not affected by OBAMAcare so you cannot cover children 19 through 25 under your RETIREMENT medical unless they are in school full time. Note: this is the same way employee medical was before OBAMAcare.

HOAX:
I spoke to Mahwah HR and they said deductibles SHOULD carry over (afraid to commit I suppose).
I spoke to a Benefits Center rep on Wednesday WHO WAS CERTAIN deductibles start over.
I spoke to another Benefits Center rep on Friday WHO WAS CERTAIN they carried over.
You replied that they start over.
Ramster weighed in, based on actual experience, that they carry over.

Bottom line is you and I will find out for sure very soon and can update this thread at that time :happy-very:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
My 2 youngest (twins) turn 26 in June of 2019. I can retire with 30 years of service later that same month. My oldest graduated from college 3 months before the 26 rule kicked in so she has been on mine since. Thats called pre-planning. Lol.

Ramster

Hope you got it resolved. I should mention that I am with central states. Also got conflicting answers from both ends. Very frustrating as I thought I was the first person to ever retire!