Heat blamed for North Texas UPS driver's illness during work deliveries

Trucker Clock

And here you go again on your narrative of the Company being responsible for a driver’s irresponsibility.

His wife blamed the heat, no one else. More fake news.

Heat is not even in the top 10 causes of stroke, unless a person is already predisposed to having a stroke. In which case, the heat really wasn’t the cause.

His massive stroke was caused by something other than heat. But, do you think the story will be updated when the hospital reports the cause of the stroke? Hell, no. It will not fit the narrative.

Thebrownblob

And here you go again on your narrative of the Company being responsible for a driver’s irresponsibility.

Heat is not even in the top 10 causes of stroke, unless a person is already predisposed to having a stroke. In which case, the heat really wasn’t the cause.

His massive stroke was caused by something other than heat. But, do you think the story will be updated when the hospital reports the cause of the stroke? Hell, no. It will not fit the narrative.

This is my main problem with stories like this. It’s impossible to trust the news media to at first accurately give the story, and then second follow up.

Whatever the reason I hope he gets better soon.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is my main problem with stories like this. It’s impossible to trust the news media to at first accurately give the story, and then second follow up.

Whatever the reason I hope he gets better soon.
The media knows dummies read the headlines only.

The OP ignored all the facts in order to push an agenda.

Last edited:

TeltBender

next peak season he is going to find a way to blame the company because some driver slips on an icey driveway, and probably dig up some OSHA violation dog:censored2:

Wally

1659695797500.png

Integrity

Binge Poster
I do not support the “blame the worker” first culture that exists at UPS.

Unfortunately I have observed that attitude seems to exist amongst some members here on the BC well.

It is very difficult when UPS has workers defending UPS failures against workers.

This only gives UPS incentive to continue to do wrong to employees on many different levels.

You seem to have a “blame the worker” first attitude.

Am I reading your attitude correctly?

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

I do not support the “blame the worker” culture that exists at UPS.

Unfortunately I have observed that attitude seems to exist amongst some members here on the BC well.
No you would help the company blame the worker.. POS Pull your spandex leggings over your head and disappear fraud

Wally

I do not support the “blame the worker” culture that exists at UPS.

That idiot has the door closed? Why?

He or she isn't very bright. Could it be those very, very few that are experiencing heat related problems are contributing to the problem themselves?

Don't include the TX driver in the heat problem list either. That dude had a stroke, totally unrelated to heat.

Thebrownblob

That idiot has the door closed? Why?

He or she isn't very bright. Could it be those very, very few that are experiencing heat related problems are contributing to the problem themselves?

Every heat related injury at my building this year was an individual who had been off for several months with an injury and came back out of shape. There’s been a few close calls by others but the majority of the issue is preparing your body and this summer has been pretty hot.

Wally

Every heat related injury at my building this year was an individual who had been off for several months with an injury and came back out of shape. There’s been a few close calls by others but the majority of the issue is preparing your body and this summer has been pretty hot.
As was the driver in CA.

We don't know the details but my guess he was laying around in air conditioned comfort, his body not acclimating to real life conditions. The continuous use of air conditioning environment causes the inability to deal with heat.

Thebrownblob

As was the driver in CA.

We don't know the details but my guess he was laying around in air conditioned comfort, his body not acclimating to real life conditions. The continuous use of air conditioning environment causes the inability to deal with heat.
And honestly the young man in California we’ve heard nothing more about. Even the new story about him simply says his parents “feel”it was because of the heat there was no official word, which is unfortunate it would be nice to have the actual evidence and truth of what happened to that young man. Either way RIP

Integrity

Binge Poster
No you would help the company blame the worker..
Never have never will.
POS Pull your spandex leggings over your head and disappear fraud
Wow. Inappropriate IMO

You ok?
I don’t appreciate frauds coming on here I will call you out every time, it is not inappropriate to speak truth to power
You call me out.

You misrepresent my words and you call me out.

You seem to lean towards a “blame the worker” first attitude yet you claim I collude with management.

When anyone tries to shift employer responsibility ethically, morally and under the law to the employee IMO they are the ones guilty of colluding with management.

You can now respond by twisting my words to perpetuate your own thinking and position.

Thebrownblob

Never have never will.

Wow. Inappropriate IMO

You ok?

You call me out.

You misrepresent my words and you call me out.

You seem to lean towards a “blame the worker” first attitude yet you claim I collude with management.

When anyone tries to shift employer responsibility ethically, morally and under the law to the employee IMO they are the ones guilty of colluding with management.

You can now respond by twisting my words to perpetuate your own thinking and position.
You’ are the biggest fool on brown Café your words are meaningless and you have no idea what you’re talking about. Your opinions on what I am or am not are meaningless. You are the biggest fraud on here everyone knows it you’re a disgrace to being a teamster, I didn’t twist your words you said exactly what you meant that you agree with the company on disciplining drivers when they have heat related injuries. No amount of trying to restate your facts will change that. I led you down this path and you fell right into it because that’s who you are.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You’ are the biggest fool on brown Café your words are meaningless and you have no idea what you’re talking about. Your opinions on what I am or am not are meaningless. You are the biggest fraud on here everyone knows it you’re a disgrace to being a teamster, I didn’t twist your words you said exactly what you meant that you agree with the company on disciplining drivers when they have heat related injuries. No amount of trying to restate your facts will change that.
Show me.

You can’t.