Hello all!

TopsyKrets

$41.51
Hey everyone! My name is Topsy and I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you active members for your posts.

I hired in on August 30th as an off the street guy for a permanent delivery driving job. After the interview, road hazard test, training (just got back today) and a lot of researching the position on this site, I am very excited to start my career at UPS. I, like many others on here, am skeptical about the union. However, I do live in a right to work state and can see how the union would have its benefits.

On this thread, I plan on keeping you all posted as to how my probationary period goes. I will also be posting questions at some point I'm sure. Again, this has been a very helpful site and I have a lot of respect for most of you guys/gals on here. Much appreciated...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Hey everyone! My name is Topsy and I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you active members for your posts.

I hired in on August 30th as an off the street guy for a permanent delivery driving job. After the interview, road hazard test, training (just got back today) and a lot of researching the position on this site, I am very excited to start my career at UPS. I, like many others on here, am skeptical about the union. However, I do live in a right to work state and can see how the union would have its benefits.

On this thread, I plan on keeping you all posted as to how my probationary period goes. I will also be posting questions at some point I'm sure. Again, this has been a very helpful site and I have a lot of respect for most of you guys/gals on here. Much appreciated...
Welcome @TopsyKrets

Congratulations.

Just so you know, you will probably get more responses to post questions about your job on UPS Discussions because it gets a lot more people actually reading the threads than this Introductions forum does. Also please be aware we are a friendly community and have a lot of inside jokes and wise guy stuff posted here. Don't take it too seriously or personally. If you don't want jokes etc. on a topic/thread you start add "On Topic" to the thread title. That way the mods will know to take a look and delete off topic posts. Feel free to message me with any questions about how this site works.

Join the union or be a scab

Your welcome

TopsyKrets

$41.51
Welcome @TopsyKrets

Congratulations.

Just so you know, you will probably get more responses to post questions about your job on UPS Discussions because it gets a lot more people actually reading the threads than this Introductions forum does. Also please be aware we are a friendly community and have a lot of inside jokes and wise guy stuff posted here. Don't take it too seriously or personally. If you don't want jokes etc. on a topic/thread you start add "On Topic" to the thread title. That way the mods will know to take a look and delete off topic posts. Feel free to message me with any questions about how this site works.

Awesome reply. And the wise guys better watch out because I worked in the oil field before this and know every slanderous word in the book!!! But yes I will take your advice on posting in the questions thread.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
DF2A893F-A0D2-4A89-89CB-E6DA7F7FDF38.gif
Awesome reply. And the wise guys better watch out because I worked in the oil field before this and know every slanderous word in the book!!! But yes I will take your advice on posting in the questions thread.

And this one knows some bad words

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I start driving tomorrow. I'm nervous but I will give it my all and that's all I can do. Will keep you guys posted.

I am literally on the edge of my seat waiting for your updates. Just in case no one told you, even though you were told permanent, there is a possibility you will only be a seasonal. Good luck all the same.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I start driving tomorrow. I'm nervous but I will give it my all and that's all I can do. Will keep you guys posted.

Just wanted to let you know that my sciatica feels better so I am no longer on the edge of my seat. I have leaned back all the way now but I am still anxiously waiting for your updates.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
Ah man it didn't go very good. On the way to my 4th stop I ran a yield sign and clipped the bumper of a Ford Escape. There was a tree limb sticking way out blocking almost all of the yield sign... So I don't know if they're gonna call me back or not. Just now got home because the accident report and paperwork and everything took a long time. My supervisor said he will let me know something tomorrow. Probably not a good thing to happen on your first day out.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Our local has language that prevents disqualification based on a minor accident. Your future at UPS, however, will likely depend on how hard up the center is for drivers right now. Good luck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ah man it didn't go very good. On the way to my 4th stop I ran a yield sign and clipped the bumper of a Ford Escape. There was a tree limb sticking way out blocking almost all of the yield sign... So I don't know if they're gonna call me back or not. Just now got home because the accident report and paperwork and everything took a long time. My supervisor said he will let me know something tomorrow. Probably not a good thing to happen on your first day out.

Box Ox

Yeah, they won’t have you back. If you have a more serious accident in the future it’ll be in your file that you had an accident your very first day on the road and the Company could be liable for having kept you.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
I never had an accident. 2nd day out by myself, I scratched. This job is cake, I don't know why you people make it sound like it's some difficult complicated complex operation. A monkey could do this. Now, let's hear all of your smart :censored2: comments.