Help! I need advice!

SarSan1695

Money isnt everything. If you keep your marriage strong through these kinds of things you've probably done a lot better than many posters (and members) on here.

You’re right money isn’t everything it’s just upsetting because what we could’ve had with this job could’ve been great, we both wouldn’t have to work so hard for the rest of our lives. You know? We’ve gotten through worse things than this so I’m not worried about our relationship. When I graduate soon, I’ll be able to get a good job too. I just hope they can give him a second chance he knows he messed up. He didn’t even know about the “cardinal sins” you posted about. I’ve went through all the papers we have from him becoming a driver and we don’t have one that has those on it. Either way he shouldn’t have allowed him in the vehicle, but maybe if he knew that was a big no no he wouldn’t have. Maybe he heard it before but when he was getting trained he had so much to memorize and learn that was probably the last thing he was paying attention to.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You’re right money isn’t everything it’s just upsetting because what we could’ve had with this job could’ve been great, we both wouldn’t have to work so hard for the rest of our lives. You know? We’ve gotten through worse things than this so I’m not worried about our relationship. When I graduate soon, I’ll be able to get a good job too. I just hope they can give him a second chance he knows he messed up. He didn’t even know about the “cardinal sins” you posted about. I’ve went through all the papers we have from him becoming a driver and we don’t have one that has those on it. Either way he shouldn’t have allowed him in the vehicle, but maybe if he knew that was a big no no he wouldn’t have. Maybe he heard it before but when he was getting trained he had so much to memorize and learn that was probably the last thing he was paying attention to.
Point is....a lot of the drivers I work with have been divorced at least once. They're rarely home for supper with the family nor do they get to see their kids functions, and we tend to spend a great amount of the (future) money we make therefore forcing us to continue the stupid chase the money treadmill dirge.

If I had the chance to "do it all over again" and knew what harassment waited on me as an employee in this job down the road I would've never applied.

"Great job"?

Nah, good pay and benefits may be applicable but as for any rewarding accolades beyond that...:bsbullf:

The only hope for the bargaining unit employees here is the IBT protection (in good locals). Otherwise, the employee is liable to be fired for info that never got passed on to them, "training" that is electronically logged in your diad but never passed on to the employee via hard copy for them to review and apply, and safety ride reviews that the employer adds garbage to after the post ride meeting is over.

Great place to work.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

They never gave him anything on it because it's in his contract. The company(UPS) doesn't want a worker to know his rights.

Is your husband in the union? Do you know if he's joined?

barnyard

KTM rider
I cannot believe that they did not go over non-employees in the cab during training. They go over a lot of things, but that was something they spent time on during my training, including the fact that drivers were fired and did not get their jobs back.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I cannot believe that they did not go over non-employees in the cab during training. They go over a lot of things, but that was something they spent time on during my training, including the fact that drivers were fired and did not get their jobs back.

I was thinking when I started driving
(Back in the dark ages) I had to sign something saying nobody but ups employees could be on the car

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was thinking when I started driving
(Back in the dark ages) I had to sign something saying nobody but ups employees could be on the car
tenor (13).gif

Damn kids today with their fancy beards and tattoos, who the :censored2: do they think they are?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Every FDX express van/truck/car here has signage stating no rider policy in the cab.
Is it a cardinal sin at FXE?

I had to look up FXG one... DQ for 3 years

D. Disqualified for 36 months:

• 1. Operating a CMV while the driver’s license was revoked, suspended, canceled, or expired. Operating a CMV without a valid DOT physical.

• 2. Causing three or more Preventable accidents in a CMV over 12 month period.

• 3. Being involved in a Preventable Roll-Over accident (unit is on it’s side or roof)

• 4. Six or more Hours of Service violations over a 12 month period

• 5. Carrying unauthorized passengers in a CMV

• 6. Failure to report accident or incident in a CMV as soon as possible, regardless who appears to be at-fault.

Most of us didn't recall, but did raise a flag to check with management before you can get someone as a helper/jumper.

my nephew did that when I sprained my ankle over the summer. Took about a week for the background check & was authorized to ride along.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never had any training so when I was hired to run a shuttle ( Ford Econoline) over to Fargo every night I would pick up hitchhikers almost every night at take my wife along. :-) It’s absolutely amazing I wasn’t permanently fired.

Box Ox

I never had any training so when I was hired to run a shuttle ( Ford Econoline) over to Fargo every night I would pick up hitchhikers almost every night at take my wife along. :-) It’s absolutely amazing I wasn’t permanently fired.

You guys had it so hard!

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Graduating college doesn’t guarantee you anything anymore.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Did you wear pants ??

barnyard

KTM rider

When I started, we had an air driver whose parents lived in Wisconsin. He would run the Saturday shuttle to the airport, his folks would pick him up at the airport and drop him back off on Sunday night, when he would drive back to our building.

Would probably not be able to do that anymore either.

Mo19072

Hi! I know this place is probably mostly for males and actual UPS employees, but I need advice. My husband has worked for UPS for over a year now, but he just became a driver around August. Well, he hurt his ankle recently and the supervisors are always making comments about drivers needing to do their routes quickly and talking crap when someone doesn’t that he started getting stressed. His cousin saw him doing his route the other day offered to help with a few stops and since he was hurt and feeling pressure from the supervisors he stupidly said sure and let him go with him to help with a few stops. Well turns out a pre load supervisor saw him with his cousin in the vehicle and of course told the other supervisors. He got terminated yesterday! I’m freaking out because he’s the only one working right now while I’m in school and taking care of our son and this is one of the best jobs he’s ever had and might ever get (pay, insurance and retirement wise)! He put in the protest his union rep told him to, but the rep said it would probably be a month before they knew anything and that it’s not looking good because apparently that one of the worst things you can do. That seems like bs to me because I’ve heard about guys flipping a truck, drinking on the job and getting in an accident, and doing drugs on the job and all of them still have their jobs. So idk but I’m so stressed and need to know if you guys think there’s even a chance he’ll get his job back or what your advice for us is.
Your hubby should have asked for help if he’s not feeling well. It happens in my center and sups would put another driver to ride with him. They’d rather do that than to have him call out sick.