help me drop weight please

BROWN430

Try some ADVOCARE. It's a whole line of nutri. supplements. My wife sells them and they are the bomb. She has gone from a size 12 to size 2. I have gome from 237 lbs. to 200 lbs. I still want to loose 10 more lbs. Loosing the extra lbs. makes a big difference when you have the long driveways to walk. You won't be wore out by the time you get to the house to delv. LMAO. If you are interested get back to me and I could have my wife walk you through it. By the way she makes a good bit of extra money selling this stuff also. Usually an extra $700 to $900 every two weeks. I love this stuff I haven't felt this good in a long time.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Try some ADVOCARE. It's a whole line of nutri. supplements. My wife sells them and they are the bomb. She has gone from a size 12 to size 2. I have gome from 237 lbs. to 200 lbs. I still want to loose 10 more lbs. Loosing the extra lbs. makes a big difference when you have the long driveways to walk. You won't be wore out by the time you get to the house to delv. LMAO. If you are interested get back to me and I could have my wife walk you through it. By the way she makes a good bit of extra money selling this stuff also. Usually an extra $700 to $900 every two weeks. I love this stuff I haven't felt this good in a long time.

Sounds like one of those late night infomercials.

BROWN430

Yea I know it does sound like an infomercial ..............LOL It is good stuff though. Just check out the website. That is if you want to. I'm not trying to push it on anyone but it works for me.

satellitedriver

Sounds like one of those late night infomercials.

Yes, it does, but;
I drink "Spark"-( Advocare product) every morning, and have for years.
Pretty good stuff.
As far as the weight loss products, I am skinny and have never tried them.
Advocare is a MLP and not a business model that I agree with as a sales/home based business.

NHDRVR

Burn exactly one more calorie than you eat!

I used the 'putting your fork down' technique...

I actually have lost 35 pounds over the past year and a half. Everything I heard was true. Blood pressure came down, legs feel better (knees are still wearing out), sleeping much better, etc., etc.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes, it does, but;
I drink "Spark"-( Advocare product) every morning, and have for years.
Pretty good stuff.
As far as the weight loss products, I am skinny and have never tried them.
Advocare is a MLP and not a business model that I agree with as a sales/home based business.
What is an MLP? (I'm Naive I guess)

Burn exactly one more calorie than you eat!
I burn about 2500-3000 calories a day, working out. This does not include my work as a driver. I'm learning to not replace those calories with empties, like sugar, breads, etc... A good tip is to eat slower, because when you glom your food, you could still feel hungry and want to keep shoveling the food into your mouth.

Another tip is to eat at regular intervals. Smaller meals, more times a day. Try not to wait till you're hungry/(starving) to eat, as this will cause you to eat more than your body needs. It's just like drinking fluids at work. If you've waited till you're thirsty/(parched), you've waited too long.

...resulting in a one ounce weight loss per day, 16 days to lose one pound, 160 days to lose 10...

Nice slogan, not very practical.
It's more practical than the opposite.

I used the 'putting your fork down' technique...

I actually have lost 35 pounds over the past year and a half. Everything I heard was true. Blood pressure came down, legs feel better (knees are still wearing out), sleeping much better, etc., etc.
Nice to hear, NHDRVR, keep up the good work.

A

anonymous6

What is an MLP? (I'm Naive I guess)

I burn about 2500-3000 calories a day, working out. This does not include my work as a driver. I'm learning to not replace those calories with empties, like sugar, breads, etc... A good tip is to eat slower, because when you glom your food, you could still feel hungry and want to keep shoveling the food into your mouth.

Another tip is to eat at regular intervals. Smaller meals, more times a day. Try not to wait till you're hungry/(starving) to eat, as this will cause you to eat more than your body needs. It's just like drinking fluids at work. If you've waited till you're thirsty/(parched), you've waited too long.

It's more practical than the opposite.

Nice to hear, NHDRVR, keep up the good work.

how are you burning 2500-3000 calories a day working out? are you running a marathon everyday.

even running for an hr only burns about 600 calories.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
how are you burning 2500-3000 calories a day working out? are you running a marathon everyday.

even running for an hr only burns about 600 calories.
I commute to the Gym and work and back on my bike. And I don't mean a casual ride. I avg. about 19mph on my bicycle for 22 miles. I also run anywhere's from 3.5 to 8 miles, and do a hard workout before work. On Tuesdays and Thursday nights I do a 20 mile hill ride with some other cyclists.

If I'm overloaded on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I run my butt off at work and then go cycling at night. Saturday morning I joined a group ride that rides 40 mph with an avg speed of 22mph, though we do hit speeds approaching 40mph at times. Afterwards I hit the gym again. Sunday is my day off. That's when the Wife gets her run in. I'm running a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks and plan on running the full Miami Marathon at the end of January. Sometimes there's just not enough time in a day...:sad-little:

SmithBarney

lol i was a grunt in the 10th mountain division us army

and you at 6 3 220 you probly look fit
i on the other hand am short fat and squatty

balding and to top it off god saw fit to make me short in other areas as well why does he pick on me. jk

Interesting fact, although its TMI, but this might be motivating for you.
For every 10lbs you lose
you Gain 1/2 an inch.

NHDRVR

I commute to the Gym and work and back on my bike. And I don't mean a casual ride. I avg. about 19mph on my bicycle for 22 miles. I also run anywhere's from 3.5 to 8 miles, and do a hard workout before work. On Tuesdays and Thursday nights I do a 20 mile hill ride with some other cyclists.

If I'm overloaded on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I run my butt off at work and then go cycling at night. Saturday morning I joined a group ride that rides 40 mph with an avg speed of 22mph, though we do hit speeds approaching 40mph at times. Afterwards I hit the gym again. Sunday is my day off. That's when the Wife gets her run in. I'm running a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks and plan on running the full Miami Marathon at the end of January. Sometimes there's just not enough time in a day...:sad-little:

Damn, I used to ride quite a bit (before the kids) and averaging 20 mph is a good workout. Sitting in my shed, unfortunately, is my 1st road bike (a LeMond Nevada City/Shimano Ultegra Group/SpeedPlay) and my favorite VooDoo Rada/DuraAce/SpeedPlay/Carbon everything...

and, yes, they are doing me, or anyone else, NO GOOD sitting in my shed...I am ashamed

I think I will go visit them...

Actually, I am only 10 pounds heavier now than I was at my riding weight of 185. You lighter guys always dropped me on the hills.

stealth8

sounds a bit tiring?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Damn, I used to ride quite a bit (before the kids) and averaging 20 mph is a good workout. Sitting in my shed, unfortunately, is my 1st road bike (a LeMond Nevada City/Shimano Ultegra Group/SpeedPlay) and my favorite VooDoo Rada/DuraAce/SpeedPlay/Carbon everything...

and, yes, they are doing me, or anyone else, NO GOOD sitting in my shed...I am ashamed

Actually, I am only 10 pounds heavier now than I was at my riding weight of 185. You lighter guys always dropped me on the hills.
This sounds like the perfect gift for STUG on Christmas day. What size bike ya got?:wink2:

sounds a bit tiring?
Let's just put it this way. I never need ambien to sleep.:happy2:

A

anonymous6

I rode my 10 speed cross country ( about 30 yrs ago ) and averaged about 10 hrs a day. Consumed only about 5000-6000 calories a day bc of finances and still lost a pound a day.

On the first leg ( boston to florida ) I lost 38lbs in 18 days. spent 5 weeks in florida riding around the state , laying at the beach trying to gain weight.

then from florida to cal took 27 days and lost 25 pounds but ate like crazy.

I quess if you wanna lose weight, that's one way to do it.

A

anonymous6

you may be only 10 pounds heavier but carrying more fat percentage. years ago when i was swimming a couple miles a day and lifting I was a solid 185 pounds and looked great. Now , without the swimming and lifting I weigh 185 and look like crap.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I rode my 10 speed cross country ( about 30 yrs ago ) and averaged about 10 hrs a day. Consumed only about 5000-6000 calories a day bc of finances and still lost a pound a day.

On the first leg ( boston to florida ) I lost 38lbs in 18 days. spent 5 weeks in florida riding around the state , laying at the beach trying to gain weight.

then from florida to cal took 27 days and lost 25 pounds but ate like crazy.

I quess if you wanna lose weight, that's one way to do it.
Wow!

Dagoof

One of the big probs you have is the medication my wife was on it and she was very active kickboxing and at the gym working out. she still gained alot of weight. after her inflamation had gone down she was able to get on Humera worked well for her and no weight gain. I would ask your doc to see if you can get on something different. Sounds like you have the diet and exercise under control. need to work on your side effects.

NHDRVR

you may be only 10 pounds heavier but carrying more fat percentage. years ago when i was swimming a couple miles a day and lifting I was a solid 185 pounds and looked great. Now , without the swimming and lifting I weigh 185 and look like crap.

I would be the 1st to admit it when I looked like hell...but...I am in the best shape I have been in in the past 10 years or so. You are right about staying the same weight and looking altogether different. I hit about 230, drinking way too much with my blood pressure and cholesterol getting too high. ( I left college at around 180 lbs ) My turn-around started when I stopped drinking alcohol during the week. (I was hitting it way too much) Everything I read about 'empty calories' was pretty acurate. The 1st 15 pounds came off pretty quick and with our job it can melt off if you have the discipline (I don't).

So with a slight change in my diet (which is more WHEN I eat as opposed to WHAT) The other 15 came off s l o w l y and I am back in the same size clothes I wore from 17 years of age til about 34.

More importantly though my fat% came down. The 'normal' range is from 9-17% and I came in at about 19%. I only know this because I had it done a month ago. Which leads me to this...

Based on my doctors BMI chart, I am supposed to weigh between 132 and 167. I am not, NOT, what you would call fat. I am not running a marathon any time soon but I doubt anyone would say I am overweight at all. I am about 5-11 and will never weigh even close to those guidelines. I was an RB in college with a mesomorph build.

Getting old is not for sissies...:angry: