Help with my ups package plz?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Ups no scheduled delivery date?

Those gas lines are photoshopped because Obama said he would see to it that they had gas. No red tape, remember??

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh

Jnfortunately, it is true, went to get gas on the way to work this morning on route 1 in north brunswick at 3:30 am and line was a quarter mile long. At 10 am they were well over a mile with police directing traffic

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always fill my gas tanks when hurricanes are approaching.

Wasn't that one of the things folks were advised to do in the days leading up to Sandy? One of the first things I did was call my son and remind him to fill up his gas tank and get some $$$ out of the ATM in case the power went out. I then did the same.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Those gas lines are photoshopped because Obama said he would see to it that they had gas. No red tape, remember??

Ummm:Obama administration sending gasoline, diesel fuel to areas hard-hit by Superstorm Sandy - The Washington Post

Now they need power to run the pumps.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

When you are expecting a delivery the first thing to do is wait. If you don't receive it, wait longer.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Aj, I love you more than life and respect the heck out of ya, but this customer is just a tad on the selfish side. It was pointed put numerous times that we had a hurricane that was 1000miles wide and it wiped out Staten Island and took how many human lives. I think their worry over a package that is not life-threatening is absurd.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Aj, I love you more than life and respect the heck out of ya, but this customer is just a tad on the selfish side. It was pointed put numerous times that we had a hurricane that was 1000miles wide and it wiped out Staten Island and took how many human lives. I think their worry over a package that is not life-threatening is absurd.
I have to agree with you on this. If this package was sooooo freaking important then maybe the OP needs to get their lazy :censored2: in their car and drive down to the center and get their own package. OOOOOOOH GEE!!! Maybe they can't because their out of gas or their street is flooded or the power lines are down blocking access. BUT, we are supposed to drop everything just to make sure their package gets to them. OOOOOH BOOOOO HOOOOO :grrr:

barnyard

KTM rider
In another post, it turns out the OP is in Florida and ordered something from NJ. Kind of a long drive.

Still, the OP clearly should have gone to whitewhine.com and started her thread there.

AKCoverMan

Dear Customer:

I'm sorry your package has been delayed. As some of my coworkers have pointed out, some fairly bluntly :), our operations were severely impacted by the storm. We generally get 99% of our volume delivered and out of our system every weekday, and we are generally loaded to 90%plus capacity so you can understand that to not be able to deliver a single package for 2 or more days creates an impossible backlog. Impossible, but we will deal with it anyway.

UPS wants to clear this backlog out of the system and get back to normal as badly as you want to get your package. In a perfect world the computer tracking would be updated with a new planned delivery day but the current world is far from perfect. I'm sure the centers are dealing with staffing issues, damage issues, no power issues, equipment failure issues, not to mention the hideous backlog of volume. So it is not so surprising that perhaps more effort is being put toward moving the backlog then getting all the tracking info online perfect.

All that having been said, I know, when your waiting for something you need and it's late: it sucks!

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Regards
Ernie

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Dear Customer:

I'm sorry your package has been delayed. As some of my coworkers have pointed out, some fairly bluntly :), our operations were severely impacted by the storm. We generally get 99% of our volume delivered and out of our system every weekday, and we are generally loaded to 90%plus capacity so you can understand that to not be able to deliver a single package for 2 or more days creates an impossible backlog. Impossible, but we will deal with it anyway.

UPS wants to clear this backlog out of the system and get back to normal as badly as you want to get your package. In a perfect world the computer tracking would be updated with a new planned delivery day but the current world is far from perfect. I'm sure the centers are dealing with staffing issues, damage issues, no power issues, equipment failure issues, not to mention the hideous backlog of volume. So it is not so surprising that perhaps more effort is being put toward moving the backlog then getting all the tracking info online perfect.

All that having been said, I know, when your waiting for something you need and it's late: it sucks!

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.

Regards
Ernie

This seems like a good point to bring up a subject I've been meaning to start for awhile. We always like to say FedEx could never handle our volume if we went on strike or something. Well I was thinking the other day with so many of us loaded to the brim. Could we handle fedex's volume if something went nuts over there and we needed to?

AKCoverMan

This seems like a good point to bring up a subject I've been meaning to start for awhile. We always like to say FedEx could never handle our volume if we went on strike or something. Well I was thinking the other day with so many of us loaded to the brim. Could we handle fedex's volume if something went nuts over there and we needed to?

According to what I have seen online they carry about half the number of pieces everyday that we do although they have more NDA. So imagine your route with 50% more volume and twice or more as many red stops...

Would need to staff to peak levels everyday and add a bunch of splits and air routes to make it happen.

barnyard

KTM rider
I don't think it would add that much to a route. Most of our business stops are duplicates, so it would add more bulk to bulk stops. The thing that makes me say that is on my last route, the Fed Express guy covered the area that 3 and 1/2 routes from my center covers, plus 1/2 of 2 routes from another center. He totaled 60ish stops per day.

The ground guy covered the same area that 5 guys from my center cover. He would never say how many stops that he had, but again, lots of the same business stops.

Maybe add 5-10 stops per route, but more bulk.

I have never run into a home delivery guy, so I have no idea what that could add.

The area that I am currently covering, I run into the Express guy every now and then and never see the ground guy. I have no idea how big an area they are covering in the area that I am in now.