HELP!

powell74

I live in Illinois and worked for UPS for 10 years, I quit, had my 2 weeks in, had an altercation with one of my bosses before the two weeks was up and resigned. Now I am trying to start back over at the bottom and currently I am listed as unable to be rehired so I cannot start back over at UPS. The problem is that I have to get reinstated (which union reps said shouldn't be a problem) but the person who has the power to reinstate me is the former boss that I had the altercation with. Does anyone know how I can go around him and somehow speak to someone else in human resources and then get reinstated?

ImpactedTSG

You put your two weeks in, then had an altercation with your boss, and left before the two weeks was up? Now you want reinstated?

powell74

Yeah I did leave on a sour note and I do admit that I was wrong but (and I'm not trying to pass the blame here) the manager that did this is known for purposely getting people fired and then laughing about it. He has done it to at least 3 other people that I know of and plus I'm not trying to get my job back as a driver I'm just trying to start at the very bottom and prove that I'm worthy of driving again.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Kneepads.

and a box of doughnuts! Powell, even if you're 100% right, you got no shot. You were a 10 yr. vet. You knew when you left you were going on the do not reinstate list. Best of luck in the future. If it helps, almost all upsers I know who left ended up happier than when they were with the company.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to agree with the others that it appears that you have burned this bridge and should probably look at employment elsewhere. The part that I don't get is that you knew that this manager had done this before yet you still allowed yourself to be baited. Best of luck to you in whatever your future holds; unfortunately, I don't see Brown in your future.

You resigned , move on and count yourself lucky. Evidently you were not happy there anyway, you had already put in a two week notice that you were quiting.

If your rehire status is "no" then you are pretty much done. UPS won't bend at all when it comes to that. Move forward and don't look back.

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
The company will use one of its many policies (they only apply when they benefit the evil empire) but policy states that UPS will not rehire any employee that quit due to "dissatisfaction" with position. In your case that is the loop hole they will jump thru, due to the fact that you resigned before completing the 2 week that you promised they also have you on that classic "integrity" issue. In my opinion you may be better off not attempting to return because if your sup pissed you that bad in the past he will surely do it again, lick your wounds and move forward best of luck in your future.

powell74

Thanks for all your help guys but I kept at it and eventually talked to my former boss and since I did love my job and did do a great job while I was there he agreed to change my status and give me a second chance. Thank God I was persistant and didn't just give up like many people thought I should!