Helpers and 30 stops in "helper board"?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I didn't get a talkative helper I'd lose my mind. It is interesting that they recieve zero training at all now on how to do the job, just a bunch of safety lists from people who have never delivered a package. We are suppose to be paid 50 cents more an hour if we are training. UPS usually claims it is training new hires inside for 2 weeks as the supes will be doing work near new hire. So the way I figure we are owed 2 weeks at the premium rate once you get a helper. I file and see what happens. At very least it will get center manager's goat.

Put your pen back in your pocket---training helpers is specifically mentioned in the contract---we don't get trainer pay for training helpers.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Put your pen back in your pocket---training helpers is specifically mentioned in the contract---we don't get trainer pay for training helpers.
agreed,, but its disgusting how our worthless , " must be politically correct" jonny come lately 20 yr old HR people think what this job represents. they really don't train and have no concept of it

Johney

He simply hid it good enough to be not visible form the street. Oh but a bunch of construction guys saw him hide it, so all it takes is one of 'em to text his buddy that UPS guy just hid a brand new plasma TV next to where he's working.
Look guy your a helper, you are the responsibility of the driver. Whatever you do,he is responsible plain and simple. You are looking way too far ahead for a guy who doesn't "REALLY" work here yet. Trust me if they decide to bring you in, this will never see your eyes. Like upstate said his(the drivers) ID is in your board it's his *****.

UPSGUY72

He simply hid it good enough to be not visible form the street. Oh but a bunch of construction guys saw him hide it, so all it takes is one of 'em to text his buddy that UPS guy just hid a brand new plasma TV next to where he's working.

That could happen at any address you DR a package at. If UPS delivered packages on the What if situation nothing would get delivered. Nothing is 100% fool proof we have people sign the DIAD and then swear on the bible that the signature isn't their's and they never got the package.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Warning letters were issued today in my center to 4 drivers who havent been using the helper boards,the charge was 'failure to work as directed' .I am comforted that my management team is so concerned over non service issues on December 7!

UPSGUY72

Warning letters were issued today in my center to 4 drivers who havent been using the helper boards,the charge was 'failure to work as directed' .I am comforted that my management team is so concerned over non service issues on December 7!

Using the helper board for so many stops all comes down to two things the number game on under / over allowed and to keep track of the helpers break time if required.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My management team upped the ante today! Received a diad message today that stated all employees that have helpers must put at least 31 (THIRTY-ONE) stops in the helper diad for the rest of peak. Glad I don't get a helper!

Johney

My management team upped the ante today! Received a diad message today that stated all employees that have helpers must put at least 31 (THIRTY-ONE) stops in the helper diad for the rest of peak. Glad I don't get a helper!
31 total? That's great we need 15 stops for every hour we use our helper. I used mine 5 hours today. You do the math.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That could happen at any address you DR a package at. If UPS delivered packages on the What if situation nothing would get delivered. Nothing is 100% fool proof we have people sign the DIAD and then swear on the bible that the signature isn't their's and they never got the package.

That's right. Job security for loss prevention.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I don't understand the problem with helpers using the diad. I use the same guy and he had 130 stops in the diad today. i put about 160 in mine. For me it isn't a problem.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
The fact is everyone who actually works and deals with this issue, drivers, on road sup's, and center manager's know this is dumb, they all know its a game and that is it.

Our center manager even told us its just a game that someone up the line thinks it makes things go faster.

But really just use the helper board stick in your 40 stops, yes its slower but only a couple of minutes per driver.

So look at this way UPS is willing to burn 2 minutes a driver to have us use a helper board. I mean how much money is it if we all lose just 2 minutes a day.
What does that add to in total cash wasted.
You would think UPS would care about this, they dont seem to for some reason.

UPSGUY72

I don't understand the problem with helpers using the diad. I use the same guy and he had 130 stops in the diad today. i put about 160 in mine. For me it isn't a problem.

Go get a helper that has never seen a Diad except for a picture on a piece of paper and no clue how to use the DIAD and give it to him then then you might understand.

It saves the driver a lot of problem if most helper don't touch the DIAD ever.

UPSGUY72

The fact is everyone who actually works and deals with this issue, drivers, on road sup's, and center manager's know this is dumb, they all know its a game and that is it.

Our center manager even told us its just a game that someone up the line thinks it makes things go faster.

But really just use the helper board stick in your 40 stops, yes its slower but only a couple of minutes per driver.

So look at this way UPS is willing to burn 2 minutes a driver to have us use a helper board. I mean how much money is it if we all lose just 2 minutes a day.
What does that add to in total cash wasted.
You would think UPS would care about this, they dont seem to for some reason.

Since going public UPS will step over a dollar to save a nickel just so some desk jockey can justify his job.

As long as I get paid every Friday I will play there stupid games unless it violates the contract.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
We had a driver dispatched with over 500 stops last week. Is there really a bad DR at this poin? Our LP suvisor brought me my last 100 at 4 last night during my pick ups in a UHAUL. Fun stuff this time of year...just keep signing the fat checks.

cino321

My helper usually does 20-50 more stops than I do. I'm usually setting up my load until about 5:00 PM because my center doesn't have the correct size package cars so all of our loads are a disaster.