Helpers starting here next week.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Best helper I had was the one I gave a bottle of Candian club to. One of my customers gave it to me as a Christmas tip. I told him if you bust your ass today, the bottle is yours.

He ran his ass off.
I never understood drivers making their helpers "run their ass off". That would be the same thing as management telling us drivers to run all day which 95% of drivers would respond with a kind ":censored2: off". Helpers don't make a lot of money so making them bust their ass for $30-$40 a day and a bottle of cheap whiskey is pretty low. I would have just given my helper the bottle as a nice gesture as long as he/she wasn't completely useless.

I am one of the people who don't like using a helper, but I understand they are just people trying to make a little extra cash so they don't deserve to be treated like a slave.

I never understood drivers making their helpers "run their ass off". That would be the same thing as management telling us drivers to run all day which 95% of drivers would respond with a kind ":censored2: off". Helpers don't make a lot of money so making them bust their ass for $30-$40 a day and a bottle of cheap whiskey is pretty low. I would have just given my helper the bottle as a nice gesture as long as he/she wasn't completely useless.

I am one of the people who don't like using a helper, but I understand they are just people trying to make a little extra cash so they don't deserve to be treated like a slave.
I always treated mine well. It was peak day and I was really screwed they day.

Trust me, most times it would be easier if I did it myself.

KOG72

I’m full of it

I have had helpers with me get tips ,free food and booze.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I always treated mine well. It was peak day and I was really screwed they day.

Trust me, most times it would be easier if I did it myself.
I always tell my sup in the morning that I will be more efficient without a helper, but they make me take one anyways. So I just accept the helper and make the most of it. I spend a lot of time sorting the truck.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I rarely get one. And that's fine with me.
You're lucky, I think I had about 8 different helpers last year. Had to basically train them every time. The best helper I had was a preloader who had also being to driving school so he knew what he was doing and could work the diad which makes he day soooo much better.

542thruNthru

I never make my helper run hard. I also tell them in the beginning that if they work hard and show up everyday I'll buy lunch and give them a nice tip at the end of the year. I then tell them for everyday they miss I'll take $20 out of the tip and won't buy lunch for that week.

I train my helper everyday and after 2 weeks he/she knows everything about the board. Then all I do is drive and sort the rest of peak. This of course only works if I don't get a completely brain dead helper or one @rod age.

vvv

Never use them myself. Always refuse and just say lighten me up.

They can't even train a regular package car driver properly, so what the hell am I to do with a helper?

I'll walk every stop off together making sure things are done accordingly.