Helpers starting here next week.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My favorite helpers were old guys, they were usually more personable and had stories to tell. I didn't care how hard they worked since I wasn't paying them.

Overpaid Union Thug

My favorite helpers were old guys, they were usually more personable and had stories to tell. I didn't care how hard they worked since I wasn't paying them.
I had one today. Retired Army and lives on my route. The youngens just don't work out anymore. And their stories are usually about how their last employer "screwed them" but i always find out later that they define getting screwed as getting fired for repeatedly not showing up for work

DOK

I never understood drivers making their helpers "run their ass off". That would be the same thing as management telling us drivers to run all day which 95% of drivers would respond with a kind ":censored2: off". Helpers don't make a lot of money so making them bust their ass for $30-$40 a day and a bottle of cheap whiskey is pretty low. I would have just given my helper the bottle as a nice gesture as long as he/she wasn't completely useless.

I am one of the people who don't like using a helper, but I understand they are just people trying to make a little extra cash so they don't deserve to be treated like a slave.

Never use them myself. Always refuse and just say lighten me up.

They can't even train a regular package car driver properly, so what the hell am I to do with a helper?

I'll walk every stop off together making sure things are done accordingly.

By you getting “lightened up” means you’re screwing someone else, just saying.

vvv

By you getting “lightened up” means you’re screwing someone else, just saying.

Say what you will. The calendar doesn't dictate the speed I work at. My routine is consistent all year long.....and to me peak is a year round thing in general with the heavy dispatch.
Hire more drivers, lighten loads, problem solved.

All this "screwing someone else" talk is just nonsense. I don't go crying when I read on here about "I never leave the truck once during peak and stay warm and I'm not tired". etc...etc...

I go it alone as that's my style and don't need some clown tagging along who doesn't work properly.

Save your tears junior.......

Indecisi0n

Say what you will. The calendar doesn't dictate the speed I work at. My routine is consistent all year long.....and to me peak is a year round thing in general with the heavy dispatch.
Hire more drivers, lighten loads, problem solved.

All this "screwing someone else" talk is just nonsense. I don't go crying when I read on here about "I never leave the truck once during peak and stay warm and I'm not tired". etc...etc...

I go it alone as that's my style and don't need some clown tagging along who doesn't work properly.

Save your tears junior.......
Oh hell no. Helper runs while I use his board so I can keep the truck running with the heat on. I have sensitive skin.

DOK

I’m just saying if my day was a 10 hours on paper with a helper, it was really 12 hours of work stuffed in my truck, if you have a 10 hours by yourself it’s 10 hours. Half the the guys don’t want helpers, some guys don’t want their far out next day airs, to lobby to the dispatcher or sup to be relieved of either is putting your problem on someone else.

31 years in, junior

vvv

I’m just saying if my day was a 10 hours on paper with a helper, it was really 12 hours of work stuffed in my truck, if you have a 10 hours by yourself it’s 10 hours. Half the the guys don’t want helpers, some guys don’t want their far out next day airs, to lobby to the dispatcher or sup to be relieved of either is putting your problem on someone else.

31 years in, junior

Ahhhhh......there you go. "Stuffed" is the key word here. I don't like my truck or my backend STUFFED by UPS. If you do then enjoy and have at it.

Anyway I know you are just throwing out numbers, but what makes me the bad guy if I do my 10 hours ALONE in 10 hours. And you do your 12 hours WITH A HELPER in 10 hours?
Seems the same to me and not too difficult to figure out.

DOK

31 years in, junior

Ahhhhh......there you go. "Stuffed" is the key word here. I don't like my truck or my backend STUFFED by UPS. If you do then enjoy and have at it.

Anyway I know you are just throwing out numbers, but what makes me the bad guy if I do my 10 hours ALONE in 10 hours. And you do your 12 hours WITH A HELPER in 10 hours?
Seems the same to me and not too difficult to figure out.

More stressful to leave the building with 12 hours helper or not. Nobody wants a helper. Just keep the work off my truck would be best.

rod

Retired 22 years

I would be a helper if they ley me have an hour or two nap during the day.

rod

Retired 22 years
More stressful to leave the building with 12 hours helper or not. Nobody wants a helper. Just keep the work off my truck would be best.

You must not live where its cold. Nothing better than a helper to do all the outside work on a bitterly cold day. And as an added perk you can blame him for just about anything the boss chews you out for.

Never look at your dispatch in the morning. Besides at 12 hour dispatch on Orion is closer to 10 hours.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I’ve told my manager the last few Peaks that I didn’t want any millennials. I don’t want to hear the whining from spoiled kids. Give me an older person or a foreigner. They work better and are much more interesting.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I used to love the driver follow-ups that came in after peak.--the helper always got blamed.
That's how it should be. Some of us PT are secretly too valuable to let go. Just pin everything on me and I can make it dissapear by virtue of simply being a stupid preloader. Or if they actually suck. They dissapear. Win-Win