Helpers starting here next week.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's how it should be. Some of us PT are secretly too valuable to let go. Just pin everything on me and I can make it dissapear by virtue of simply being a stupid preloader. Or if they actually suck. They dissapear. Win-Win

A good pre-loader who will work with a driver is worth their weight in gold. You blame it on me- I blame it on you---meanwhile they can't pin it on anyone. ;-)

BrownThunder

As long as my helper doesnt mind staying with me the whole day and running stops off, I'll hold on to them the entire peak season.

I will cover your lunch and even fudge your timesheet ti maximize your hours. Do me right and I got your back.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got the so-called privilege of starting a Helper today. Last minute as always, no vest or Helper DIAD/phone or whatever. They just handed me a paper timecard after the PCM and told me to call a Preloader.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Why would anyone need a helper if they are holding you to 8 hours a day?
Or 9 hours, we are conditioned already for daily friend UPS. Less work better service! Boom! Seasonals want to come back so they are more focused No one talks to them, its weird.

Overpaid Union Thug

I work better alone no matter which type of route I'm on. I don't deviate from my normal work pace (no "peak mode") or from following the methods. I tell all my helpers to walk and stay on designated walk paths. Because of this I dont really benefit from having a helper other than having someone to chit chat with. So....I chose my helper based on their personality.

rod

Retired 22 years
I work better alone no matter which type of route I'm on. I don't deviate from my normal work pace (no "peak mode") or from following the methods. I tell all my helpers to walk and stay on designated walk paths. Because of this I dont really benefit from having a helper other than having someone to chit chat with. So....I chose my helper based on their personality.

The worst helper I ever had was the son of another UPS driver. Arrogant little punk.

upsbeernut

I check pant size

upsbeernut

As long as my helper doesnt mind staying with me the whole day and running stops off, I'll hold on to them the entire peak season.

I will cover your lunch and even fudge your timesheet ti maximize your hours. Do me right and I got your back.
WhWhats an extra 15 to 30 mins

upsbeernut

I don't want one, slow, never speak,on the phone, don't get paid enough, never bring a lunch or drinks, never on time, don't show up, complain, checks never right,etc......

I must have done something right, because my driver from last year texted me if I wanted to work again with him this year. I don't mind hustling and running to doors and back, but then again...we drive a pretty rural route so there's lots of sitting around in between stops. He also tries to get me as much hours as possible, so I make it a point to show up and be early at the meet spot everyday.

I must have done something right, because my driver from last year texted me if I wanted to work again with him this year. I don't mind hustling and running to doors and back, but then again...we drive a pretty rural route so there's lots of sitting around in between stops. He also tries to get me as much hours as possible, so I make it a point to show up and be early at the meet spot everyday.
We can't find anyone to do the job...