Here come the Lay Offs!

undies

Now that peak is officially behind us, I've been mentally preparing myself for the inevitable. Anyone else have to deal with this yearly tradition? Been going on for me the past 6 years. Thankfully I'm full-time, but it still sucks!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Displace two part timers if you get laid off to get your hours. I got laid off when I was the lowest senior part timer ,and when i was a very junior driver I bumped 2 part timers to get my hours.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you're FT ask them for your 8. When they say they don't have any work for you ask them should you apply for unemployment benefits. Bet they'll find work for you, besides if your hub is anything like mine even the lowest cover driver is working, plenty of FT biting at the bit to go home.

upsman68

No slowdown at our center. I usually go out with145 stops which a 9 hour day Today I have 185. We left the bdlg 50 min late. Our mgmt team sucks. They all need to go.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Post peak now, They layoff some drivers and the remaining ones will be working 10 hrs a day, Just like I did today. I will be on the 9.5 list after this week. Management will tell you this is unexpected volume but they been saying that for the last three years after peak.

cino321

yeah I had a helper today and am predicted to have one all week! with a touch of luck i'll still make the 9.5 list this week

Don't worry if you have more work than 9.5 when you file a grievance they'll just call it peak. Unpredictable volume levels. Just like during Valentine's day week, Labor day sale week, back to school, and whatever other nonsense they can't plan for.

cino321

Going in to work everyday instead of going home when things get tough is union noise? Really? Explain yourself.

The day off is great. You can look past the money out of your paycheck you lost. What you can't look past is the contributions to the health/pension funds they didn't make that day because you didn't work.

GET your 9.5s and file file file...put a route in...hire some FULL TIMER drivers and get rid of of all those guys and gals wearing ties!!!! UPS has been in the package bizz..for over 100 years!!!Why is every peak, holiday,or bad weather situation a big stinking surprise!!! Maybe they can get some more technology and screw some more things up.!

Now that peak is officially behind us, I've been mentally preparing myself for the inevitable. Anyone else have to deal with this yearly tradition? Been going on for me the past 6 years. Thankfully I'm full-time, but it still sucks!
You'll gt there someday just be patient.