Here is what a real health benefits plan looks like

MAKAVELI

This is all I can find for a Teamcare Summary Plan Description. It is about 2 pages and not specific. My UPS Plan Description is about 60 pages and goes into detail on all benefits.

TeamCare Plan for New UPS Members MEDICAL (In-Network)

Effective January 1, 2014

Employee Contribution

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]There is no Employee Contribution. [/FONT][/FONT]

PPO Network

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]BlueCross BlueShield or Medical Mutual (Ohio). [/FONT][/FONT]

Annual Deductible

Year 1 [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]No deductible [/FONT][/FONT]

Year 4 [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]No deductible [/FONT][/FONT]

Year 2 [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]No deductible [/FONT][/FONT]

Year 5 [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$100 per person / $200 per family [/FONT][/FONT]

Year 3 [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]No deductible [/FONT][/FONT]

Annual Plan Maximum

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]There is no Annual Plan Maximum. [/FONT][/FONT]

Individual Out of Pocket Cap

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]The Out of Pocket is capped at $1,000 per person. [/FONT][/FONT]

Family Out of Pocket Cap

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]The Out of Pocket is capped at $2,000 per family. [/FONT][/FONT]

Medical Office Visit

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$10 co-payment [/FONT][/FONT]

Routine Physical Office Visit

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$10 co-payment [/FONT][/FONT]

Well Child Care

Routine OB/GYN Office Visit

Routine Mammogram/Pap

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]100% benefit [/FONT][/FONT]

Emergency Room

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]100%, if admitted, or on the first day of an accident, otherwise 80%; and then 100% after Out of Pocket is met. [/FONT][/FONT]

Inpatient Hospital Benefit

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]100% benefit [/FONT][/FONT]

Outpatient Surgery

Chiropractic Maximum

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]80%, to $1,000 maximum per person per year. [/FONT][/FONT]

Outpatient Diagnostic

Imaging and Lab Benefit

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]100% benefit through Quest Labs or US Imaging; or 80%; at a non-Quest or US Imaging provider; then 100% after Out of Pocket is met. [/FONT][/FONT]

PRESCRIPTION

CVS Caremark Network

Retail Prescription

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$5 co-payment for generic or brand (if no generic equivalent). You can use any pharmacy in the CVS Caremark network. [/FONT][/FONT]

Mail Order/Maintenance Choice

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$0 co-payment for generic or brand (if no generic equivalent). [/FONT][/FONT]

Generic Requirement

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]If a generic equivalent is available, you must take the generic or be responsible for the cost difference between the price of the brand name drug and the generic drug plus the co-payment. [/FONT][/FONT]

Maintenance Medication Requirement

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]For maintenance medications, you have the choice of either using a CVS Pharmacy or CVS Caremark Mail Service. After the 2nd fill of a maintenance medication at a retail pharmacy, your co-payment will increase to 50% of the cost of the medication. [/FONT][/FONT]

DENTAL

Deductible

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]None [/FONT][/FONT]

Preventive and Basic Services

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]100% [/FONT][/FONT]

Major Services

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]80% [/FONT][/FONT]

Child Orthodontia

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]50%, no lifetime maximum [/FONT][/FONT]

Annual Dental Maximum

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]None [/FONT][/FONT]

VISION

EyeMed VisionCare

Routine Eye Exam

Standard Lenses

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]100% benefit for lenses [/FONT][/FONT]

Frames or Contact Lenses

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]100% benefit up to frame allowance of $100, or contact allowance of $80. [/FONT][/FONT]

Maximum Benefits

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Once every 12 months with TeamCare [/FONT][/FONT]

LIFE INSURANCE

Employee Basic Life

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]FT: 2080 or PT: 1040 times hourly rate. There is a maximum of $100,000. [/FONT][/FONT]

Employee AD&D

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]FT: 2080 or PT: 1040 times hourly rate. There is a maximum of $100,000. [/FONT][/FONT]

Spouse Basic Life

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$5,000 [/FONT][/FONT]

Child Basic Life

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]$2,500 [/FONT][/FONT]

SHORT-TERM DISABILTY

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]60% of average weekly base pay up to $500 per week; maximum of 26 weeks [/FONT][/FONT]
ail.

MAKAVELI

According to the purple kool-aid slurpee drinkers our consumer crap plans are great and affordable. I think they are also hitting the peace pipe if they actually believe that.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
You forgot to mention the policy holder's family is covered for up to 5 years with no premiums if he/she dies, as long as they only used in-network doctor's for the previous two years.

MAKAVELI

You forgot to mention the policy holder's family is covered for up to 5 years with no premiums if he/she dies, as long as they only used in-network doctor's for the previous two years.
You guys don't even want to know what our plan looks like. It's embarrassing and painful.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our FedEx Healthcare Plans are an utter and complete joke in comparison to the UPS Plan. Funny how a fully-unionized company that doesn't have the same advantages as FedEx (RLA=no unions, Ground scam) can provide far superior insurance AND be more profitable. I guess that points to poor management at FedEx and an opportunistic "leader" who is out to screw us any way he can.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
yep!, and he speaketh in a western Tennessee accent with a forked tongue

Fred Satan.jpg
Fred Satan.jpg

Hate 150lb Packages

Since we're on the topic of insurance, I'll provide a copy of my insurance plan here at Ground as a pdf. BBSam provides a similar plan as my contractor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FedEx Ground Insurance Plan.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty sweet plan if you ask me.

Bankrupt

I'm not saying I don't believe this is accurate, but does anyone have a link to an official ups release of this info. I haven't had a chance to speak w the ups guy on my rte yet. I would expect theirs to be way better than ours but damn that is awesome. Do you think they'll hire a forty something with 18 yrs of delivery experience off the street. I'd work 3rd shift pt for those bennies!

MAKAVELI

I'm not saying I don't believe this is accurate, but does anyone have a link to an official ups release of this info. I haven't had a chance to speak w the ups guy on my rte yet. I would expect theirs to be way better than ours but damn that is awesome. Do you think they'll hire a forty something with 18 yrs of delivery experience off the street. I'd work 3rd shift pt for those bennies!
That was copied and pasted from the UPS forum.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Totally accurate, and a vivid illustration of just how poor our "plan" is in comparison. The problem with UPS is that you usually have to pay your dues as a sorter for awhile, and that amount of time varies widely depending on where you live.

MAKAVELI

Bumping this thread because apparently some people didn't read it. By the way Sniper hope you are in good health because the older we get the more health problems we will have. A bypass or cancer under this new plan and you will have to sell a lot of your precious weaponry.