Hired as 22.4 Driver off street

Almightyzvy

hey guys new to brown.. hired off the street as 22.4 combo driver at the hub on 180 Canal Pl in the Bronx. Going for my road test on Saturday, any tips would be helpful.
manager said once i pass road test ill do dot physical right after and then start by next week. im sure i can pass road test, have been driving 26' straight trucks for a while so i should be okay with the PD cars.

any tips for road test?
also how is the hub at 180 canal pl for those of you who work there?
any advice would be great thhanks

542thruNthru

Road test is easy, DOT physical is easy as long as your not over weight and need a sleep study.

What you need to be prepared for is integrad. The UPS driving school.

Start memorizing this stuff.
20200128_131155.jpg

They will give you more detailed DOKs later but this should help you.

Oh and good luck.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Don't curb it. If you're in a manual focus on smooth shifting. Keep your distance and assume every other driver is mentally incapacitated.

Poop Head

Judge me.
hey guys new to brown.. hired off the street as 22.4 combo driver at the hub on 180 Canal Pl in the Bronx. Going for my road test on Saturday, any tips would be helpful.
manager said once i pass road test ill do dot physical right after and then start by next week. im sure i can pass road test, have been driving 26' straight trucks for a while so i should be okay with the PD cars.

any tips for road test?
Best building in the city

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
1.) A road test off property and on the public thoroughfare?

Without a DOT card?

2.) 22.4 or vacation ("seasonal") replacement driver?

Check your application heading.

Almightyzvy

Without a DOT card?

It says 22.4 Combination Driver Full Time
40-day probation til you get union book
$20.50hr starting wage with 4-5 year progression

all i know is my road test is saturday morning at 9am with an on-road sup. she said once i pass the road test theyll send me for the dot physical in the bronx and ill officially start training in the next week or two.

i used to work for a commercial moving company as a non cdl driver. was the same process. interview. road test. dot physical. training.

Almightyzvy

Without a DOT card?

I just randomly was looking for driving jobs about a couple weeks ago and went on the ups website on a Wednesday night and they had two 22.4 positions listed in the bronx. interviewed 2 days later Friday afternoon. Here it is exactly 2 weeks or 14 days later and i have a road test in 2 days.

clean hairy

any tips for road test?
Dave got tired of being retired, and is coming back under a new user name?
And replying to his own post?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
It says 22.4 Combination Driver Full Time
40-day probation til you get union book
$20.50hr starting wage with 4-5 year progression

all i know is my road test is saturday morning at 9am with an on-road sup. she said once i pass the road test theyll send me for the dot physical in the bronx and ill officially start training in the next week or two.

i used to work for a commercial moving company as a non cdl driver. was the same process. interview. road test. dot physical. training.
So you can drive a commercial vehicle, over 10,000 gvw, on the public thoroughfare, even a "road test", without a DOT medical certificate?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you can drive a commercial vehicle, over 10,000 gvw, on the public thoroughfare, even a "road test", without a DOT medical certificate?

Yes----as long as there is a DOT certified instructor/trainer in the jump seat.

Why spend the money on a DOT card if the applicant fails the road test? What would prevent he/she from taking that valid DOT card and applying for a driver's job elsewhere?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Yes----as long as there is a DOT certified instructor/trainer in the jump seat.

Why spend the money on a DOT card if the applicant fails the road test? What would prevent he/she from taking that valid DOT card and applying for a driver's job elsewhere?
So I can drive a commercial vehicle over 10,000 gvw on public thoroughfare any or every day as long as there's another person sitting in the jump seat who has a DOT medical card?