Hiring freeze over?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Staydryitsraining, Apr 14, 2019.

1. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

Hell we might as well already have to pull the air and hazmats off and tote the smalls

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Brisket

Brisket Active Member

And oversized.

4. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What freeze?

5. Driver7906

Driver7906 Member

Do you think the 22.4 jobs will make it more difficult for part timers to go full time driving in the future or to create less full time driving positions?

6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

22.4 will be full time driving. Just for cheaper. May just essentially be a ten year progression now.

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I believe the normal progression will be PT to 22.4 to FT driver. Our BA told us if no 22.4 wants a FT driving spot then it will go to PT.

8. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

We stopped hiring pters, we stopped promoting ftd, we stopped hiring mechanics, toilet paper, tape and paper towels have all had to be approved before ordering.

9. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

UPS is going broke

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Staydryitsraining

From what were hearing 22.4 will be whatever the buildings needs are.

11. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Just like air drivers?

12. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

Since they do not get their own routes likely what will happen is a bunch of junk will get add-cut into a boxline bin, they will stretch a preloader down 5 cars with 1-2 just to clean up the cage and reduce overflow. 22.4 will come in slightly early to finish loading their junk route.

13. Staydryitsraining

Oddly enough this operations air drivers only do air. Idiots use ftds at top rate to run misloads, bulk, and libs.

14. Staydryitsraining

The structure will be pt to 22.4 and pt to ftd. Supposedly ftd will be it's own bid. Once your a 22.4 that's it your locked in. But nothing is concrete yet.

15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You think they’re gonna pay guys $30 an hour to load cars or deliver packages

16. Staydryitsraining

Any loader who doesn't have the balls to say no to loading 4 or 5 pcs, deserves to load them.

17. Staydryitsraining

Not sure but I think this 22.4 is going to change the way we have been doing things. And obviously not for the better.

18. But the benefits are expensive

19. Staydryitsraining

Just an idea. Lighten up the loop, take x amount of stops from each driver in said loop, maybe not enough for a "planned" 8 hour day for the 22.4 but enough to kill any ot for all ftd. That 22.4 has to come in early and load or stay out after hes done do pick ups or work local sort. There is no 9.5 protection except a couple locals, 22.4 will do whatever they are instructed.

20. Staydryitsraining

So is ot. So is a preload operation running over 3.5 hours. So is air drivers or regular drivers doing bs all over the place. I'm not saying it makes sense, heard of Orion? Or allowing ftds making ot on Saturdays, or Saturday operations in general. Ups creates problems to fix other problems.