Hiring outlook for feeder drivers and package drivers at Jacksonville, FL hub

Faceplanted

There are guys in feeders out of Orlando with 3 years total driving. Florida is blowing up, Amazon us blowing up. Let's see where all this automation goes and let's see what happens with Amazon. Not to be a pessimist but the last time I saw growth like this was right before the Great Recession.

Miami's housing market has already started slowing down. The developers continued to bet that the Brazilians and other South Americans would keep investing in condos. They were wrong and now there's 11,000 condo units planned to be available in two years.

Faceplanted

Miami's housing market has already started slowing down. The developers continued to bet that the Brazilians and other South Americans would keep investing in condos. They were wrong and now there's 11,000 condo units planned to be available in two years.
South America which was in great shape during the whole recession (Brazil especially) is now on quite the downturn. I have noticed the "up and coming" areas in Miami are starting I fizzle out.

jarman

Part time jax feeder driver here. I will be going full time this year without going through package. We will be at or over 400 feeder drivers this year. I have 7 years with the company. There are some guys with 2-3 years with the company who are pt feeder driver.

Kenneth Allen

This question is for anyone who works at the Jacksonville hub on James Casey Drive.

How long has the wait time been to become a feeder driver or a full-time package driver at this facility?

Overall, is the employee satisfaction pretty good at this facility?

Have there been feeder drivers hired right out from being a part-time package handler or off the street?

I checked out the UPS Jobs site and found that there is an opening for package handlers now at this facility but nothing available for feeders nor pkg delivery.

Any advice you could provide, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Does anyone know what the chances are transitioning from a seasonal feeder driver to a permanent feeder driver in Jacksonville, FL.?