Hiring outlook for feeder drivers and package drivers at Jacksonville, FL hub

This question is for anyone who works at the Jacksonville hub on James Casey Drive.

How long has the wait time been to become a feeder driver or a full-time package driver at this facility?

Overall, is the employee satisfaction pretty good at this facility?

Have there been feeder drivers hired right out from being a part-time package handler or off the street?

I checked out the UPS Jobs site and found that there is an opening for package handlers now at this facility but nothing available for feeders nor pkg delivery.

Any advice you could provide, I'd greatly appreciate it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
This question is for anyone who works at the Jacksonville hub on James Casey Drive.

How long has the wait time been to become a feeder driver or a full-time package driver at this facility?

Overall, is the employee satisfaction pretty good at this facility?

Have there been feeder drivers hired right out from being a part-time package handler or off the street?

I checked out the UPS Jobs site and found that there is an opening for package handlers now at this facility but nothing available for feeders nor pkg delivery.

Any advice you could provide, I'd greatly appreciate it.

PM @BrownJake, he has his finger on the pulse of north Florida.

Faceplanted

I heard a lot of loads that used to get processed in Jax will now get processed at the Orlando hub. It hasn't been executed yet but that's word. I would assume that would cut a few jax routes.

Johney

I have heard rumors through the FNN that Jax was going to be in shortage of over 100+ feeder drivers due to retirements. More feeder jobs means more package jobs. As it is I have met feeder drivers out of Jax that drove package for less than 5 years.

Johney

I heard a lot of loads that used to get processed in Jax will now get processed at the Orlando hub. It hasn't been executed yet but that's word. I would assume that would cut a few jax routes.
I don't know about a lot of loads, but they did put a "Hub in a box"(Landstreet hub) right down the street. They are processing stuff there.

Screenshot_20170124-172605.png
Screenshot_20170124-172615.png