Hiring process

Oldfart

I speak from personal experience. I had to submit a letter of resignation from my swing position in order to bid on a fixed route. My manager held it until I won the route/position. He would have destroyed it if I were not the successful bid.

See?! You DON'T know everything.
That was your manager being a jerk. You do not have to resign to bid, just to take the position. I was an RTD and took a courier job. I didn't have to resign as a RTD to bid. I never had to submit a letter of resignation, just signed an offer letter as a courier.

Preventable

Process for me switching from swing to route (fairly recently). Put name and employee number on piece of paper (bid sheet) posted in break room. Manager of that workgroup comes up to me during the sort and says the 2 people above me declined and shows me offer letter. I sign, he says "welcome to the A team" and we shake hands.

That was it. If I remember correctly they started putting me on the route for a couple weeks starting the next schedule even as a swing as everything worked its way through the system.

DeliveryException

Be very careful. When I "dropped" from swing to regular route they didn't change my classification. I was paid swing pay for a few months even though i told managers and hr. Once it was figured out they wanted all the over paid in one shot even though i was paid over a few months. I think i paid it down over 4 weeks all said and done.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Be very careful. When I "dropped" from swing to regular route they didn't change my classification. I was paid swing pay for a few months even though i told managers and hr. Once it was figured out they wanted all the over paid in one shot even though i was paid over a few months. I think i paid it down over 4 weeks all said and done.

Payroll is supposed to present you with different options and let you choose; it's a form letter that they can submit to the employee by email. You can also submit your own plan to them that would be subject to review and approval. Their preference is that you immediately send them a check. If you choose nothing they will start taking deductions from your check.

vantexan

Payroll is supposed to present you with different options and let you choose; it's a form letter that they can submit to the employee by email. You can also submit your own plan to them that would be subject to review and approval. Their preference is that you immediately send them a check. If you choose nothing they will start taking deductions from your check.
When I was rehired in late '98 I was told that I had been overpaid when I left in '97. They took exactly $500 out of my first three paychecks(and I was part-time). I didn't recall getting any extra money when I left but was given no recourse. Or explanation.