hitting a dog

FilingBluesFL

Hope this works out for the best.

I got a customer concern that a customer accused me of feeding their cat to Coyotes the other day.

I guess it was sleeping on their screened in porch where I left their package, and somehow got out?

I wasn't charged with anything as far as I know, just asked if I let a cat out or anything when I was there...

FilingBluesFL

You let the cat out of the bag ie porch, lol

Common sense would dictate, if one wanted to keep their cat safe, they wouldn't leave it out on the porch with the door unlocked, and able to be opened... or at least leave a note of warning of some sort the cat shouldn't be let out.

They get a lot of packages every week, I've never seen a cat there... apparently somehow this one time out of a peaks worth of deliveries, it managed to get out, and of course it's my fault, despite them doing nothing to prevent it from happening

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Common sense would dictate, if one wanted to keep their cat safe, they wouldn't leave it out on the porch with the door unlocked, and able to be opened... or at least leave a note of warning of some sort the cat shouldn't be let out.

They get a lot of packages every week, I've never seen a cat there... apparently somehow this one time out of a peaks worth of deliveries, it managed to get out, and of course it's my fault, despite them doing nothing to prevent it from happening
Its not your fault. Stupid pet owners fault. Cat will come back.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hope this works out for the best.

I got a customer concern that a customer accused me of feeding their cat to Coyotes the other day.

I guess it was sleeping on their screened in porch where I left their package, and somehow got out?

I wasn't charged with anything as far as I know, just asked if I let a cat out or anything when I was there...
You're safe I don't think ups considers cats domestic animals.

jaker

trolling
I got a letter that was taped to the door, supposedly their dog tracked the cat, and they found the tail, a leg, and the backbone in the woods across the street...
That is a awesome dog , but because of stuff like this I don't open screen doors or gates at all anymore

If it's closed it stays closed , if it's open is stays open

35years

Gravy route
Tooner
Even if you don't get that apology which is certainly due to you, you have extracted a big price for this manager's outrageous, disrespectful actions. He has lost the respect of his employees, and likely some managers. I have had managers like him in the past and I end up feeling pity for them in the end. They have to look themselves in the mirror. What shallow, empty lives they lead.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tooner
Even if you don't get that apology which is certainly due to you, you have extracted a big price for this manager's outrageous, disrespectful actions. He has lost the respect of his employees, and likely some managers. I have had managers like him in the past and I end up feeling pity for them in the end. They have to look themselves in the mirror. What shallow, empty lives they lead.

I dont expect one. I dont expect a retraction of my "accident" I do think the harrassment will stop. for a moment.

Yes he totally lost respect of I would guess 90% of the driver group. Not because they like me, not 100% of them. They know it could be them, next time. Hoping I get the strength to be gone. And someone remembers, if they want 30 yrs, tooth and nail to get it.

Its a center that no one pays much attention to as it is a low employment area, and everyone is thankful to have a job. As I was. its high crime. I actually felt sorry for him, and all the hail and brimstone I am sure he is getting, but I have to remember when he was doing it to me, he didnt care.

The one question that drove me to go on today instead of just saying whatever is, why is it ok when we single out others, but not you? My response was I cannot file for them, but I can sure as heck file for me. People are afraid for their jobs, even when they are right.
I am just where I dont care, I can live without it, I have my pension, not full, because of pt, but I can supplement it and be ok. So whatever happens does, its out of my hands.

People who work as hard as we do, do not deserve it. I know every job has its idiots, they are the worst of anywhere I have ever worked, at any time in my life as far as dignity, respect and fairness.

yes I will flip burgers, and have an idiot mgr. And walk away from a 9$ an hour job. To work at ups you are a little better, or just lucky, but you dont deserve to be treated like dog:censored2:, because you make a good wage.