Hoffa changes rules in middle of the game

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Yea but apwa was something that ups was secretly trying to start. Oh wait I think we might be on to something. I imagine ups would love for all kinds of TDU slates to get in. They would love dealing with the inept representation.
They are dealing with union leaders who seem to be on UPS's payroll right now.

So UPS is dealing with the people the want to be dealing with.

realbrown1

It's apparent that you don't care. Your job here isn't to care but to promote the agenda of TDU and to divide all of us. I used to do it long ago. I was wrong then and your wrong now. Stop being a blind reformer follower. Think for yourself.

Sometimes you have to tear down before you can build something bigger and better.

You should know that by now Stink.

They are dealing with union leaders who seem to be on UPS's payroll right now.

So UPS is dealing with the people the want to be dealing with.
This is a new world now a days. A good union leader needs to evolve with business. Killing the business is the old union way. Those are the times that you're stuck in you just don't understand it or see it.

Brown Spider

Did you just say 2013? Did you even remember when the dues increase went into effect? You "dump Hoffa" folks have zero clue of facts don't ya? I mean come on people!
Your complaint is that Hoffa made 380k? How much should he make being in charge of 1.3 million folks? I made 135k in "total compensation package" for being in charge of 2 people.

Where are you pigs now?

Hoffa is NOT "in charge of 1.3 million folks"! He was elected to represent 1.3 million folks as General President of the IBT! Among those 1.3 million are those members covered by the 3 Supplements that were jammed down their throats. Even putting current issues aside, just what has he accomplished since he first took office as head of the inappropriately named "No Dues Increase Slate? You seem to believe that he has done something to benefit those he was elected to represent! What was it? Please...convince me that this millionaire lawyer earned his $300,000 salary through strong representation of those who elected him AND deserves his $67,000 annual housing allowance!

Big Bad Wolf

What is you hatred with Ken Pay about?
In about 2001, me and Ken had it out with each other at the TDU gathering in Michigan. In that conversation, it was proven to me that I was backing the wrong horse. I was told that WE need to gain control back "by any means necessary". Well that didn't sit well with me.

Where are you pigs now?

realbrown1

In about 2001, me and Ken had it out with each other at the TDU gathering in Michigan. In that conversation, it was proven to me that I was backing the wrong horse. I was told that WE need to gain control back "by any means necessary". Well that didn't sit well with me.
Funny. I remember Stink telling me that he had almost the exact same discussion with Ken P.

Hmmm.

By the way, I believe we need to change leadership of our teamsters union by any ethical means necessary.

realbrown1

I only posted that line about hitler because you kept saying the IBT is getting paid off by UPS. You have no proof, yet you claim this. So I figured why not do the same.
I wouldn't exactly say that I have no proof.

Just look at what Hoffa and Hall has done for this entire contract negotiations.

If that isn't some proof that something wrong is going on, then I don't know what is.

Big Bad Wolf

Hoffa is NOT "in charge of 1.3 million folks"! He was elected to represent 1.3 million folks as General President of the IBT! Among those 1.3 million are those members covered by the 3 Supplements that were jammed down their throats. Even putting current issues aside, just what has he accomplished since he first took office as head of the inappropriately named "No Dues Increase Slate? You seem to believe that he has done something to benefit those he was elected to represent! What was it? Please...convince me that this millionaire lawyer earned his $300,000 salary through strong representation of those who elected him AND deserves his $67,000 annual housing allowance!
United Airlines, First Student/FirstGroup, America West Airlines, Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide and Baumann transportation. That was from 2008-2009 btw. 40,000 new members in 2008. Not bad. Hoffa and Hall didn't force anything. It was the negotiating committee. So you feel that 3 supplements of 5000 voters should hold ups 240,000 people? When does that end? Why not 1 person. I'm not saying to shut down negotiations, but the Master is done and over. 300k isn't millions of dollars man.

Where are you pigs now?

realbrown1

This is a new world now a days. A good union leader needs to evolve with business. Killing the business is the old union way. Those are the times that you're stuck in you just don't understand it or see it.
So now our leaders not only roll over and play dead, they actively work for the company to pass/impose this contract.

All with out ever even using the threat of a strike to try to get a better deal for it's member.

Hoffa/Hall are the only union leaders that I am aware of to not use the strike card.

10 point

United Airlines, First Student/FirstGroup, America West Airlines, Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide and Baumann transportation. That was from 2008-2009 btw. 40,000 new members in 2008. Not bad. Hoffa and Hall didn't force anything. It was the negotiating committee. So you feel that 3 supplements of 5000 voters should hold ups 240,000 people? When does that end? Why not 1 person. I'm not saying to shut down negotiations, but the Master is done and over. 300k isn't millions of dollars man.

Where are you pigs now?
Then those locals shouldn't have to pay in anything that supports the IBT outside of their locals.

BTW: have you googled "decertification of the Teamsters Union". You would be surprised what you'll find.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hoffa/Hall are the only union leaders that I am aware of to not use the strike card.

Please list the pros and cons of a work stoppage. You will find that the list of pros is much shorter than the cons. Thankfully we have people at the top with the business sense needed to assess the situation and do what is best for all of the members.

Big Bad Wolf

Please list the pros and cons of a work stoppage. You will find that the list of pros is much shorter than the cons. Thankfully we have people at the top with the business sense needed to assess the situation and do what is best for all of the members.
And that's the key, "All the members." Not just the small few that don't get it.

Where are you pigs now?

10 point

"All the members"?
All but the part time members and their families.
It was a two year progression in pay to be full time and now its four. So, those that hope for a full time driving job after working fourteen to seventeen years part time will be a total of almost twenty years before they see a full driving rate. Is that the only negative issue with this contract? Hardly.
I wish you were part time and we could hear the song you sing then.