Hoffa changes rules in middle of the game

So now our leaders not only roll over and play dead, they actively work for the company to pass/impose this contract.

All with out ever even using the threat of a strike to try to get a better deal for it's member.

Hoffa/Hall are the only union leaders that I am aware of to not use the strike card.
A strike at your local grocery store of at a warehouse is one thing. A national strike where the general public is severely inconvenienced and the end result is out there that the driver the face of the company makes 33.15 an hour with another twenty going in benefits won't end well.

You've already stated that you don't see it but the animosity that most would feel for us would be unbearable. If we were to strike again the business would be Dramatically changed forever.

FedEx get the foothold and it's a win win for big business. Ups loses volume equals less workers and a leaner operation for ups. I believe they don't necessarily want this but once it could happen they would regroup and find ways to make even more money.

We handle something like 11,000,000 packages a day. Imagine all the union jobs if we came back handling 8 or 7 or so million less. This country is so anti union anymore. How don't you see this trend? Where are you living? When I was a kid unions were still a cool great proud thing even amongst people who weren't in a union. Now people think unions a bad.

Ron Carey lives on

I am making sure I read that right. Wolf voted for Carey? Lets take teamcare off the table. Is a 4 year top out acceptable for our junior brothers and sisters. Is the restrictions on eligibility for our junior brothers and sisters to file 9.5 acceptable. Is our wage increase acceptable compared to previous contracts ( especially the money our company is making) is an amended IBT constitution during a pending contract acceptable. I want an honest debate here. I done with insults, the ones ive given and recieved

Sent using BrownCafe App

A strike at your local grocery store of at a warehouse is one thing. A national strike where the general public is severely inconvenienced and the end result is out there that the driver the face of the company makes 33.15 an hour with another twenty going in benefits won't end well.

You've already stated that you don't see it but the animosity that most would feel for us would be unbearable. If we were to strike again the business would be Dramatically changed forever.

FedEx get the foothold and it's a win win for big business. Ups loses volume equals less workers and a leaner operation for ups. I believe they don't necessarily want this but once it could happen they would regroup and find ways to make even more money.

We handle something like 11,000,000 packages a day. Imagine all the union jobs if we came back handling 8 or 7 or so million less. This country is so anti union anymore. How don't you see this trend? Where are you living? When I was a kid unions were still a cool great proud thing even amongst people who weren't in a union. Now people think unions a bad.
You do not have to strike. but if their is no threat of a strike, the balance of power is tipped in the companies favor.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Please list the pros and cons of a work stoppage. You will find that the list of pros is much shorter than the cons. Thankfully we have people at the top with the business sense needed to assess the situation and do what is best for all of the members.
I never said we should strike. Learn to read.

But the threat of stiking, that is a different story.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Great post.

-Bug-

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Please list the pros and cons of a work stoppage. You will find that the list of pros is much shorter than the cons. Thankfully we have people at the top with the business sense needed to assess the situation and do what is best for all of the members.

Doesn't matter about the pro and cons. Merely having the strike issue in hand gives the Union leverage. Doesn't mean the Union will use it at all. It's mere presence is enough.

"All the members"?
All but the part time members and their families.
It was a two year progression in pay to be full time and now its four. So, those that hope for a full time driving job after working fourteen to seventeen years part time will be a total of almost twenty years before they see a full driving rate. Is that the only negative issue with this contract? Hardly.
I wish you were part time and we could hear the song you sing then.

Remember, Upstate was hired off the street. He's never experienced what it's like to be a pt'er. Back in 1987, when I transferred from Pt to Ft after nearly 5 1/2 yrs; I was making $12.85/hour. How long will it take a newly hired pt person to get to the rate of pay that I was making back in '87? The company has surely gone backwards. Keep voting for those concessions people, you're only hurting yourselves.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
FedEx get the foothold and it's a win win for big business. Ups loses volume equals less workers and a leaner operation for ups.

I'm sorry to pick apart your post but this part is severely flawed. FedEx can't now, nor will it ever be able to handle our volume, just won't happen in our lifetime. The infrastructure that UPS has on the competition can be compared to a monopoly. You are shortsighted as this past Christmas FedEx was turning down packages as was USPS.

I'm sorry to pick apart your post but this part is severely flawed. FedEx can't now, nor will it ever be able to handle our volume, just won't happen in our lifetime. The infrastructure that UPS has on the competition can be compared to a monopoly. You are shortsighted as this past Christmas FedEx was turning down packages as was USPS.
Every fed ex truck I see has a lot of room in it. You see them full? Where at? I'm not saying the service would be good but just loosing 2 million of that11 million would dramatically change things. We can agree to disagree I guess.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Having 24 right to work states and the majority of upser shopping at Walmart and driving a honda has nothing to do with it either right. You drink only union made beer?
Those sound like the excuses of a defeated union.

We are not a defeated union.

We have more weapons in our arsenal than we even attempted to use.

There is something wrong with that.

Big Bad Wolf

Not sure If Great Lakes Brewing is Union are not. Dont shop at walmart, nor will I buy an American car. But what does that have to do with, Hoffa and Hall not being in our corner?
What makes you think they aren't? Just because you over value you worth? You act like this is the worlds worst contract. The majority didn't see it that way.

Where are you pigs now?