Hoffa-Hall vs. Zuckerman-Sylvester in 2016.....

Evil

After the disaster the latest UPS contract turned out to be do you guys thing UPSers will vote in higher numbers than in past elections? Will the UPS contract be enough to change the direction of the Teamsters?

Will the loss in healthcare benefits, pensions in critical condition nationwide, the excessive use of outside contractors during peak among many other issues be enough to finally defeat the management controlled Hoffa-Hall Slate in 2016?

Can the 250,000 UPS Teamsters finally change the direction of our weak and corrupt union?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Not all pension are in critical condition. Local 344's in the green. My pension and healthcare benefits actually have gotten better since this contract was ratified.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Not all pension are in critical condition. Local 344's in the green. My pension and healthcare benefits actually have gotten better since this contract was ratified.
Maybe Teamcare should take a lesson from the 344 H/W fund. How to provide excellent insurance with the funds available.

barnyard

KTM rider
Has any other industry maintained healthcare benefits over the last 5 years??? With no increase to the participants??

Pretty much all I hear in the news is that healthcare costs are going up astronomically. 1 of the ACA pools in Mn might be insolvent already. I am thinking that it is very unrealistic to think that we can maintain healthcare that costs us nothing.

I also think that a candidate that suggest otherwise is either stupid or lying.

badpal

In regards to the original posters questions. no no no and no, I just don't see it happening at least in my neck of the woods.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Here's a thought, allow retirees the right to vote on National Elections. After all, the union is making decisions on retirees pension and insurance so we should have a right to vote on who makes those decisions. I am sure after the changes made to our insurance after this last contract, many retirees would have an opinion on whether Hoffa or Hall should be in charge.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Has any other industry maintained healthcare benefits over the last 5 years??? With no increase to the participants??

Pretty much all I hear in the news is that healthcare costs are going up astronomically. 1 of the ACA pools in Mn might be insolvent already. I am thinking that it is very unrealistic to think that we can maintain healthcare that costs us nothing.

I also think that a candidate that suggest otherwise is either stupid or lying.
How many of those people worked for a company that makes billions in profit every year off of our backs?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Maybe, someone could chime in.... and tell us, who that is. :biggrin:

I also think that a candidate that would suggest otherwise is either stupid or lying.

That would be the TDU people.

Here's a thought, allow retirees the right to vote on National Elections.

That's not gonna happen.

After all, the union is making decisions on retirees pension and insurance so we should have a right to vote on who makes those decisions. I am sure after the changes made to our insurance after this last contract, many retirees would have an opinion on whether Hoffa or Hall should be in charge.

People that never voted before.... and didn't adequately plan for retirement....

Should now be given a vote, as a non-dues paying retiree ?

Help me understand that logic.

-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider
How many of those people worked for a company that makes billions in profit every year off of our backs?

Companies do have to make a profit, that is the point of being in business. My doc and I were discussing this during my last physical. I found out that I have better benefits and pay less than she does.

Healthcare costs, including insurance have risen exponentially over the years and the ACA appears to not have had the desired affect of slowing those increases.

The way to turn that tide is not to have UPS pay more and more and more. The better way would be to legislate the way healthcare is administered. I have heard some theorize that the ACA was written so poorly, that the only way to fix it was going to be some version of universal healthcare.

10 point

Maybe, someone could chime in.... and tell us, who that is. :biggrin:

That would be the TDU people.

That's not gonna happen.

People that never voted before.... and didn't adequately plan for retirement....

Should now be given a vote, as a non-dues paying retiree ?

Help me understand that logic.

-Bug-
Parallel to welfare.

Man, I get really tired of people blaming everything on TDU and Bush.

TDU isn't voting. We are.

Let's not avoid the issues. We got insurance, we're going to retire, but there's no guarantee for anything today. Openness (more) would be a good start since the next contract is only about 3.6 yrs away.

That's my experience for what it's worth.

10 point

Companies do have to make a profit, that is the point of being in business. My doc and I were discussing this during my last physical. I found out that I have better benefits and pay less than she does.

Healthcare costs, including insurance have risen exponentially over the years and the ACA appears to not have had the desired affect of slowing those increases.

The way to turn that tide is not to have UPS pay more and more and more. The better way would be to legislate the way healthcare is administered. I have heard some theorize that the ACA was written so poorly, that the only way to fix it was going to be some version of universal healthcare.
Did you compare your Doc's gross income with yours?

Her insurer may also look at and factor in that her job entails dealing with sick and contagious people every day.

Last edited: