Hoffa is already selling us out.

twoweeled

Overtime pay is heavily taxed in my state. I used to work in steel fabrication . Started out five 10 hour days. Then work really picked up and it became five 12 days and 8 hour saturdays. Was not worth it.
I think everyone has to work that out for themselves. I didn't worry about withholding myself. I max out often. But it isn't for everyone. It can make for a crappy life. Whatever works for the individual. Just don't work so damn long, that you retire limping or die a year after retirement because you didn't want to leave the paycheck.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think everyone has to work that out for themselves. I didn't worry about withholding myself. I max out often. But it isn't for everyone. It can make for a crappy life. Whatever works for the individual. Just don't work so damn long, that you retire limping or die a year after retirement because you didn't want to leave the paycheck.

Great wisdom, most of us with the years in can tell you this is a marathon not a 100 yard dash. Your overall health should be your first concern if that means reducing your overtime you better do it. It would be a bad situation of we could afford to live off a 40 hour workweek, escpecially if you are close to retirement age. I wonder what are the statistics of disability among long term UPS employees.

If any profession needs a 25 and out at any age it is this one, the wear and tear on the joints and back with the packages getting larger and heavier will take it's toll no matter how you do the methods. What's the use if you work close to 65 only to be so busted up that you cannot enjoy the fruits of your labor.

The young ones need to understand this fact that they will be retiring in due time and any Improvements with any retirement or health and welfare coverages will benefit them currently and in the long term.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Trust me I know how it feels to be thrown under that bus. I keep expecting the high ground to be taken with these contract negotiations, it generally ends up with a minority group being left out by those who would most benefit on the negotiating committees. Do whatever is needed to be re-elected and continue to swim downstream with the rest of them.

I agree with your observation, for the most part members vote on the contracts without knowing or caring on who is left behind. It is generally about Me, Myself and I and hell with the rest.

not awful, it's Hofful

twoweeled

Great wisdom, most of us with the years in can tell you this is a marathon not a 100 yard dash. Your overall health should be your first concern if that means reducing your overtime you better do it. It would be a bad situation of we could afford to live off a 40 hour workweek, escpecially if you are close to retirement age. I wonder what are the statistics of disability among long term UPS employees.

If any profession needs a 25 and out at any age it is this one, the wear and tear on the joints and back with the packages getting larger and heavier will take it's toll no matter how you do the methods. What's the use if you work close to 65 only to be so busted up that you cannot enjoy the fruits of your labor.

The young ones need to understand this fact that they will be retiring in due time and any Improvements with any retirement or health and welfare coverages will benefit them currently and in the long term.
You are so right. Unfortunately, it seems we think our young bodies will suffer little damage, and find out how wrong we were when it's too late. You'll need your insurance a lot more in later years. You'll see!